Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: The Imago is being retired

I'm also hoping to find one for sale - in ballistic nylon. The cordura just sucks up my pet hair too much.

Darcy:

Will there ever be a successor to the Imago?
    Maybe just a few tweaks to modernize it (in other words, something Tom could get off his design board quickly)?

Yes!!

BRING BACK IMAGO OR ITS CLONE... PLEASE

Great idea. was the original offered in ballistic nylon?

I would love a red or grey or blue one. or all three.

There's a cross-body knitting bag in the works. It may be the next generation Imago.
    jess and Pokilani like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yes, I am also looking for a bag similar to the Imago. All the traditional messenger bags are way too HUGE for me. The size of the imago was just perfect. I had been looking at it for awhile but by the time I decided it was already gone.

Can't wait for a cross-body knitting bag. That would be great. I love Tom Bihn's Swift Bags and knitting organizers. I am hoping they will make more Field Journal Notebooks. Fingers crossed!

The Imago is perfect EDC and airplane 'personal item.' I haven't been without one at my side since their first introduction. My steel, cork, wasabi one is retired now (cork started falling apart after a few years of daily hard use), and currently my EDC is an aubergine, hemp, steel version. I got a cardinal/hemp one on ebay that was practically new condition and gave it to my daughter. She told me that she's taking super-good care of it so that I have it as a backup in case something happens to my aubergine one and Tom hasn't come up with a similar sized horizontal bag.

Sigh...I don't deserve such a terrific daughter.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    The Imago is perfect EDC and airplane 'personal item.'
    It is indeed - I used the one I got through here as my personal item on the way back from the US. Loads of room for entertainment, snacks and everything else one needs on a long-haul flight!

I'm not going to use it as an EDC, though, as I'm afraid the cork won't take too well to heavy use. Right now it's looking after my sketchbooks and drawing pens
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    The Imago is perfect EDC and airplane 'personal item.' I haven't been without one at my side since their first introduction. My steel, cork, wasabi one is retired now (cork started falling apart after a few years of daily hard use), and currently my EDC is an aubergine, hemp, steel version.
    The Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago is a beautiful bag. i have this Imago, too. Here's @dorayme's picture from the Is there a hemp organizer pouch option? thread:

Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago beside Little Swift in Hemp with Hemp Clear Organizer Wallet:

I switched the Absolute Strap on my Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago to a Quick-Adjust Messenger Strap, which is my preferred strap for these bags. The nylon surface of the Q-AM strap lets you swing the bag around for easier access, while the broad padded strap provides cushioning for the weight. I'll switch to the Absolute Strap if I move to larger messenger bags and heavier loads. For example, I use the Absolute Strap on my ID Bag. The grippier surface on the underside of the Absolute Strap will keep these bags from sliding. I really miss the hemp and cork options for these bags (and for accessories like the wallets).

HTH moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 09-24-2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Corrected for iPad autocorrect of spelling of "grippier"
    kkintea and scribe like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0