Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By ncb4
  • 1 Post By ncb4

Thread: Box art at last! [Oh, and a new Side Effect, too]

Box art at last! [Oh, and a new Side Effect, too]

It finally happened; yesterday my new Wasabi Dyneema Side Effect arrived [with matching Pouch Pocket]. My husband brought the box into me with a puzzled look on his face. "This is strange," he said. "Why are there Escher-like drawings on your box?" The poor man isn't a Bihnaholic, so he had no clue why I started squealing with delight. "At last I got box art!" I said.

Name:  BoxArt2.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  225.4 KB

And he's right; the floating cubes do look Escher-esque. Now the question is, how does one mount a shipping box for permanent display?

Thank you to whoever did this! I'm not sure what made me happier: the box art; the new Wasabi Dyneema Side Effect; or the fact that someone carefully selected a Pocket Pouch with a Wasabi lining to match the SE. [Also, it's Aubergine: I love all things Aubergine, so it's perfect on two scores.] Again, thank you to the great folks at TB who created this delivery for me.

Name:  Wasabi.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  430.7 KB

This is my second 2nd-gen Side Effect, by the way. I ordered an Aubergine/Wasabi one last month and liked it so much I just had to have another. Though I love them both, and use them every day, I will note that the Wasabi Dyneema version is a bit lighter, and seems to be able to expand to accomodate a bit more stuff. Though the Augergine holds its slim shape better, and looks so elegant. Sometimes I can't decide which one to take on my walks.

Also, I was a bit concerned that the Wasabi Dyneema would be too garish in person, and maybe too chartreuse; but that isn't the case at all. It's bright and cheerful without being blinding; and there's not too much yellow in it either.

~Nancy

That wasabi SE is gorgeous! I'm debating now between wasabi/wasabi, steel/wasabi, or aubergine/wasabi..Is the wasabi look more green than yellow?
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Hi, TXGirl. I think you'll love the Wasabi—it is definitely more green than yellow. I was hesitating about the Wasabi for that same reason, but I think it looks beautiful in person: a true green, but bright and light. By the way, I have both the Wasabi and the Aubergine SE. I bought the Aubergine last month, but the Wasabi was still calling my name, so....

~Nancy
    TXGirl likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0