Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree19Likes
  • 4 Post By Darcy
  • 3 Post By jujigatame
  • 1 Post By pretzelb
  • 4 Post By Tlacltme
  • 2 Post By monkeyluis
  • 4 Post By gochicken
  • 1 Post By Eric_T

Thread: The Factory, the store & a tour

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42

    The Factory, the store & a tour

    I'm going to be in Seattle in June. I'll be able to go during normal store hours, but am I also able to take a tour of the factory? That would be great, I'd say thank you to every single worker I see. I'd probably bow down too. Lol.

  2. #2
    Registered User gochicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    272
    You will LOVE visiting the factory! I'm sure you will given the deluxe factory tour... and maybe even get to see Tom. It's a wonderful experience! Enjoy looking at all the bags in progress, and smiling at all the friendly crew, petting Riley, buying stuff in the shop... everyone is patient and helpful. Have a great time!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

  3. #3
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,531
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
    I'm going to be in Seattle in June. I'll be able to go during normal store hours, but am I also able to take a tour of the factory? That would be great, I'd say thank you to every single worker I see. I'd probably bow down too. Lol.
    Woohoo! Glad you'll be able to come by and visit. And if you happen not to be able to come by during normal hours, just send us an email or give us a call and if it's Monday - Friday while we're here, we'll open up just for you!

    Factory tours aren't being given right now. Why? There's just too much top secret stuff in the works! We can walk you outside of the store area to a place where you can stand in front of the factory floor and you can see everyone work their magic -- we just can't walk you *through* the factory.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  4. #4
    Registered User jujigatame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Factory tours aren't being given right now. Why? There's just too much top secret stuff in the works! We can walk you outside of the store area to a place where you can stand in front of the factory floor and you can see everyone work their magic -- we just can't walk you *through* the factory.
    What if we pinky swear not to talk about what we see?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Factory tours aren't being given right now. Why? There's just too much top secret stuff in the works! We can walk you outside of the store area to a place where you can stand in front of the factory floor and you can see everyone work their magic -- we just can't walk you *through* the factory.
    I bet the real reason is "because you fans keep chatting up our workers and we never get anything done while you are there" but you're just too nice to say that.
    Darcy likes this.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Woohoo! Glad you'll be able to come by and visit. And if you happen not to be able to come by during normal hours, just send us an email or give us a call and if it's Monday - Friday while we're here, we'll open up just for you!

    Factory tours aren't being given right now. Why? There's just too much top secret stuff in the works! We can walk you outside of the store area to a place where you can stand in front of the factory floor and you can see everyone work their magic -- we just can't walk you *through* the factory.
    Oooh! I LOVE this! The sense of mystery...of impending surprises...

    Why did my credit card just run and hide?!!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    42
    Darcy, listen here. You & Tom & the gang can absolutely trust me. Lol.

    Seriously I do look forward too it though. I'll be there during store hours for sure. We're going on an Alaskan cruise, then sending a week in Seattle. I told my wife the number 1 sight seeing spot was Tom Bhin store. Lol.

  8. #8
    Registered User gochicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    272
    When I visited a few months ago, Trevor politely asked where in Seattle were we going next? I looked at him, surprised.... the Tom Bihn Factory was our destination!! We had driven 2 hours in the pouring rain to come here! We weren't going anywhere else! He started to say there were so many great places to go in Seattle... I guess when you get to work at Tom Bihn you can imagine that other places are worth seeing, but for us, the factory was the only place we wanted to be!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    24
    TB has the kind of customer enthusiasm that other companies can only dream about.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0