Synapse 25 and lower pocket defect?

I've just received my Black/Steel Synapse 25 and I've noticed that the zipper on the lower pocket seems to bulge out a lot in the center. This is right below the center bottle pocket and small zippered pocket. I'm trying to see if this is the design of the new larger Synapse or rather there is something wrong with my pack. This bulge does not seem to flatten out even after stuffing the bag with towels. (I don't want to use or do anything to the bag just yet in case I have to send it back.) I've tried to look at every picture of the S25 I could find and cannot really see what I'm seeing on my pack. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Hi Goliath, any chance you have a picture of the zipper in question? I'd love to see exactly what it looks like.
    Thanks,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hmm: a photo would be helpful. For that zipper to curve as it does, it does need a bit of a bulge in that panel.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    A picture of a faulty TB product? That I'd pay to see... it's got to be one of the rarest things on earth!

Ok, let's see if I can do this. First time ever embedding a picture!

I originally had a Navy/Iberian S25 but was not crazy about the interior so I returned it and got what was my first choice. I do not remember seeing this bulge on the other pack. I just want to make sure this is normal for the new larger Synapse.

Thanks.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks for the photos! That helps a lot. It looks like the other Synapse 25s here (including mine) -- in other words, I don't see a defect. The slight bulge probably looks more pronounced because the bag is empty.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Thanks for the photos! That helps a lot. It looks like the other Synapse 25s here (including mine) -- in other words, I don't see a defect. The slight bulge probably looks more pronounced because the bag is empty.
    Oh good! Just wanted to make sure everything was A-ok before cutting the tag off and taking it out and about. I wasn't trying to say it was really defective, it was more of a concern on my part.

Thank you all again, I'm going to enjoy using this pack!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0