Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Video: Tom talks design and build (and you)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Video: Tom talks design and build (and you)

Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I paused in my morning to watch the video. Inspiring stuff. It was nice to hear Tom Bihn's (the person) commentary, philosophy, etc.

And did Tom really say "The Shaolin Temple of Bags" ...

Darcy, could you make the video for Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Darcy, could you make the video for Apple?
    Hmm, confused.... can you tell me more? I can watch/play the video on my Apple devices.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm, confused.... can you tell me more? I can watch/play the video on my Apple devices.
    Sorry Darcy, user error. Blushing emoticon!

It works perfectly and the video rocks, as usual!
    Last edited by backpack; 04-23-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    Darcy likes this.

ceb
    See - you wouldn't have had this problem had you been using Windoze
    <ceb ducks behind his desk to escape the incoming tomatoes>
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    Relentless! Just for the record, we use both Apples and PCs here at TB...

Love the video keep them coming. Would love to work at a company like this. Maybe They could hire me to dog sit Ichiro and Riley at the office for Tom during the work day. (;
    Last edited by papids2000; 04-23-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    Darcy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post

I was using Apple, my brain used Windoze for a fraction of a second with the result you saw!

By the way, I only use tomatoes for gazpacho or is it tomato and potatoes or is it potato?

Let's eat the whole thing off!
    Darcy likes this.

mesmerizing video. interesting way of holding a pen by tom! tom bihn bags are the best!!! thank you.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

And interesting pen! I had one of those in the 1970's, I think. Any chance of catching a glimpse of the elusive Darcy or Katy on video at some point?
    --------------------------------

I love Ichiro & Riley running about, but where are the other dogs? And who was on 'watch Ichiro duty' during the video?
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Eye-Candy for a Tom Bihn Extremist!

Just last week, I expressed a desire to see the workings of the Tom Bihn factory. In particular... I would love to see how a particular bag say, a Synapse 25 is made from start to finish (and I'd really like to know how long that takes). Probably trade secrets, though.

This video was a delight!! Ran it in slow-mo to soak everything in!!!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    And who was on 'watch Ichiro duty' during the video?
    All we'll say is that several trash cans were, in fact, raided. A Costco muffin wrapper or two may or may not have been consumed...

Quote Originally Posted by cucciasv View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]JIn particular... I would love to see how a particular bag – say, a Synapse 25 – is made from start to finish (and I'd really like to know how long that takes). Probably trade secrets, though.
    That would be cool, but we haven't figured out yet how to show that without divulging trade secrets. A lot of what we do here is very specialized/customized.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0