Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Fat Crip

Thread: Wasabi color in cordura vs dyneema - any difference?

Wasabi color in cordura vs dyneema - any difference?

I've been debating which Synapse 25 to get and it seems to hinge on the wasabi color in dyneema. The question I have basically is the wasabi dyneema lighter or more yellow than wasabi in cordura? I have a navy/wasabi/cork Imago and the wasabi here has just too much of a green tint for me, as I would prefer a more yellowish color. Just looking to hear from anyone who may have any experience with the color wasabi in the two fabrics. Thanks.

Hi, I only actually have Wasabi Dyneema products, but to me they don't seem yellowish at all. (The Wasabi Dyneema items I see on the website look slightly more yellowish to me than they do 'in real life').

Hopefully someone who owns both fabrics will be along soon.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Helen, does this help? I just took a quick snap of a shop bag, a stuff sack, a key strap, an iPad Ristretto and a Medium Café Bag... all in wasabi, some Dyneema, some 500d Cordura. Just some of my wasabi collection! The Dyneema looks lighter because there is a lot of white in the Dyneema checks, compared to the actual wasabi coloured nylon squares in between.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fat Crip; 04-19-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks for that - that's an impressive (part) Wasabi collection! The shade of green looks the same (to me) then. I'm sure that'll help Goliath.

Fat Crip - Thanks for posting the pictures they are really helpful. It seems to me that the computer cannot accurately render the true color of wasabi as my Imago's interior does not look anything like what is posted (is much more greener). I'll have to mull this over a bit more. Hmmm...

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Goliath, Customer Serbice can send you a sample, or you could order an Organizer pouch or key strap to sample Wasabi Dyneema, that way you will have a piece of it in your hands.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0