Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: The new Side Effect

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

The new Side Effect

The Side Effect is a bag that has evolved directly from user feedback (mostly from you guys here on the forums). The original Side Effect was a small waist pack: you guys were cutting off the waist straps, attaching Key Straps, and envisioning new ways to use the bag which we hadn't. Other mods — more O-rings, different label placement, a removable waist belt — were not DIY-able for you all. We decided it was time to catch up, and then some.

Name:  TB0412_20b.jpg
Views: 2069
Size:  62.9 KB
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-16-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

The streamlined design is gorgeous, a definite clutch like winner!

One of Darcy's picture shows one more possibility of use for the Side Effect as an organizer for the Little Swift, especially if you were able to snatch one in Wasabi.

There is one innovation that really truly shows Tom and the Crew's genius when it comes to overcome a challenge and give customers many ways to personalize their stuff.

I truly think that the Crew should get started on the second batch because it is going to sell like hot cakes, funnel cakes and birthday cakes combined.

It is such a must-have!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Darn! My latest order left you today, but I'd've had one of those! Oh well, next order

Just placed my order for steel dyneema/wasabi. Can't wait!

400d Dyneema Wasabi?! Ya-hoo! There is a God after all! Would two orders in one week be too much? But wait, will the Synapse 25 be available in Wasabi 400d Dyneema? Please!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    400d Dyneema Wasabi?! Ya-hoo! There is a God after all! Would two orders in one week be too much? But wait, will the Synapse 25 be available in Wasabi 400d Dyneema? Please!
    Thanks for catching that. The Side Effect in Dyneema/nylon is actually 200d.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Looks sweet!

Sadly it misses the price point for the lower cost shipping to the antipodes - and I've just bought a boatload of stuff .... :-(

Looking forward to seeing pics of one riding in the various other bags ....
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Thanks for catching that. The Side Effect in Dyneema/nylon is actually 200d.
    Poo! Wrong answer! Though I did think I looked more like 200
    Sarha likes this.

I've pulled the trigger! Even though everything else I have is Navy, and I LOVE the navy pic, I've ordered an Aubergine Side Effect, as I need something to go with my black travel gear, and I just don't want a plain black bag! I'm so excited! Of course I added on a few extras as well...
    dorayme likes this.

Pulled the trigger as well on Navy/Iberian.

This is a really perfect design. I love how you took a pretty stellar product and with customer input and some thinking have transformed it into really a best-in-class product.

Waist belt when you need it, but removable for when you don't (90% of the time for most of us). Ballistic nylon is great too!

Darn! Looks great, but no black/steel or steel/steel -- any chance either of those will be offered?
    marbenais and EJoh like this.

This is a much improved design imo. This is perfect for my modular concept with my CP. Now I'll just wait for an iberian to be made.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

Thanks, TB crew! Super happy with the navy/iberian and the 2 dyneema. Hope TB makes the Side Effect in the other dyneema colors.The dyneema is great for modular use (been doing that with the PCSB and the 3D cube).

Now that I've placed the order, I'm very excited to see it it my hands! Do you think it will partner well with the Imago? And I'm assuming it will still fit in the bottom pocket of the smaller Synapse? It's even better than I imagined it would be! Great job with all those o-rings!

Will the strap mount guardian light clip onto the edge of the new SE? Also, is this slightly larger capacity? I am loving the new design. Just what we forum members ordered!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0