Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: The new Side Effect

Volunteer Moderator
    the redesigned side effect looks very cool! the original is awesome, but i like this even more!

guess how i'm carrying my passport on my trip next week?
    Darcy and backpack like this.
    -m

Order placed! navy, aubergine, steel dyneema, wasabi. early holiday shopping - gotta spread it out .

If I called in my order instead of placing it online, will Darcy take my call? And will she be convinced to advocate for the Side Effect in Nordic/Iberian?

from product page:
    Clip one side of any variety of Key Strap to the Side Effect and then clip the other side of the Key Strap to an O-ring inside one of our larger bags. That way, the Side Effect stays tethered to your bag: convenient and secure. (Hint: the Side Effect fits in most of our bags, but we think it works especially well in the bottom pocket of the Synapse 25, side pocket of the Smart Alec, main compartments of the Small and Medium Cafe Bags, and clipped to the hidden O-rings in the Swift and The Little Swift.)
    I hope it will fit the bottom pocket of the Synapse 19 too ... the original S/Effect allegedly does ... are the dimensions the same? It looks like the same height & depth as the 3D cube, and a little longer. ... would be a great way to carry the bare minimum for those times when the backpack needs to be stored in a locker at museums etc.
    List under construction ....

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Did you guys see the new Handle Loops yet?

Name:  loop1.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  57.4 KB
    Handle Loop w/Snaphook clipped to a 3D Clear Organizer Cube in Ultraviolet Dyneema

Name:  loop2.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  30.0 KB
    Clear Organizer Wallet clipped to a Handle Loop w/O-ring

Note the awesome slider that allows you to adjust the opening of the loop. And it never falls off!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    I hope it will fit the bottom pocket of the Synapse 19 too ... the original S/Effect allegedly does ... are the dimensions the same?
    Dimensions are the same. The Side Effect does fit in the bottom pocket of the Synapse 19, but it's a little more of a squeeze/shove to get it in there, so that's why we didn't recommend it in particular as being a good fit.
    daisy likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Awesome! Ordered mine in black/wasabi. Along with some other stuff. Great job TB Crew!
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel Aeronaut, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

Oh holy heck....really?!

I so love this but I want EVERY color combination!!!!!!!! Good grief. How do I even choose?! I think I can come up for a reason for one...but all versions....hmmmmm even that will be hard for me to be that creative. Decisions. Decisions...

sue

Quote Originally Posted by photocat View Post
    Oh holy heck....really?!

I so love this but I want EVERY color combination!!!!!!!! Good grief. How do I even choose?! . . .

sue
    Hear you! Went through same - solved by doing holiday shopping early

I love how it's up to the user to decide which is the front and which is the back, in that there are two places to attach the waist-straps.

Speaking of which... Quick question: is the optional 1" waist-strap the same as the one included with the Synapse, Smart Alec, etc? So if you have a spare waist-strap lying around already...?

my wallet is not happy right now. placed an order for 3 side effects - black/wasabi, aubergine/wasabi and wasabi/wasabi (just 1 for myself).

especially pleased with the change of the o-ring placement inside the bag, as i found that if you attached stuff to the original ones they got in the way of accessing the inside pockets.

also love ballistic! and i like how the label is now more discreet.

can't wait to receive mine! (along with the synapse 25!)

I pre-ordered a steel/wasabi SE (yeah!) but have to wait for it to ship when the Travel Tray is back in stock (boo!). However, that does give me time to add a black/wasabi if I break down and can't live without both a ballistic & dyneema.

After spending 3 days in a hotel hunting for keys & stuff, I realized the wisdom of a Travel Tray. No more of that! I'm also picking up a second Snake Charmer; what a hidden gem that is. This one is going to be used exclusively in my truck for hanging the dog's field gear when we go to events. Love the two-sided mesh and the capacity.

Curious - if you were to select one Bihn item to store emergency items in your vehicle, what would it be?

Tammy
    Darcy likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by photocat View Post
    Oh holy heck....really?!

I so love this but I want EVERY color combination!!!!!!!! Good grief. How do I even choose?! I think I can come up for a reason for one...but all versions....hmmmmm even that will be hard for me to be that creative. Decisions. Decisions...

sue
    i couldn't agree more!

darcy, what are you doing to us here?!? there are way too many totally awesome color combinations!!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    I pre-ordered a steel/wasabi SE (yeah!) but have to wait for it to ship when the Travel Tray is back in stock (boo!). However, that does give me time to add a black/wasabi if I break down and can't live without both a ballistic & dyneema.

After spending 3 days in a hotel hunting for keys & stuff, I realized the wisdom of a Travel Tray. No more of that! I'm also picking up a second Snake Charmer; what a hidden gem that is. This one is going to be used exclusively in my truck for hanging the dog's field gear when we go to events. Love the two-sided mesh and the capacity.

Curious - if you were to select one Bihn item to store emergency items in your vehicle, what would it be?

Tammy
    hi tammy!

i am so sorry that you had difficulty finding your keys! i know how nerve racking that can be, specially when you're in a hurry to get somewhere!

i'm glad you're picking up a travel tray!

what emergency items are you planning to store in your vehicle? blanket? first aid kit? flashlight? tools?

i think the swift or a large shop bag would nicely hold all of that!

on a related note, i'd love to see tom design a cockpit organizer! something that would hold the stuff you want next to you (when someone isn't sitting there).

Quote Originally Posted by zutphen View Post
    I love how it's up to the user to decide which is the front and which is the back, in that there are two places to attach the waist-straps.

Speaking of which... Quick question: is the optional 1" waist-strap the same as the one included with the Synapse, Smart Alec, etc? So if you have a spare waist-strap lying around already...?
    Good question: yes, it's the same 1" waist strap that's included with those bags.

A bag that could hold the items that - once you drive off - you go "Oh man! I wish I had . . . " so that would be basic first aid (band aids and such), bottle opener, sun screen, little flash light, maybe one of those multi-purpose tools and a bungee, etc. I would prefer pockets to keep things organized. I have duffels and it's a bother to dig around. So I was thinking of a Freudian Slip might work and could slide under the seat (or it can hang from the coat hook in the back). It even has a pocket for maps. What do you think?

I'd be the first in line for a cockpit organizer! Keep the errant french fries out of the pocket change and a thousand other benefits.

Tammy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0