Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video

First up: Guardian DF Light Strap-Mount

Our Guardian Dual Function Light is now available in two versions — our current Guardian DF Light Original Base and the new Guardian DF Light Strap-Mount.

The Guardian DF Light Strap-Mount features a clever base that allows you to mount the light securely to either a 1″ / 25 mm or a 1.5″ / 38 mm webbing (strap). This is great for those who will use their Guardian DF Light primarily as an exterior light or safety beacon. For a forward-facing light, you can mount it on the 1″ / 25 mm webbing of your backpack shoulder strap, or mount it anywhere along a 1.5″ / 38 mm shoulder strap for a shoulder bag or messenger bag. For safety from vehicles approaching from behind there are numerous potential attachment points on the backside of most backpacks and other bags, TOM BIHN or otherwise. Note that the Brain Bag, Smart Alec, and Synapse 25 all have webbing loops added to the front designed specifically to work with the Guardian DF Light Strap-Mount. You can also attach a Guardian DF Light Strap-Mount to your dog’s 1″ / 25 mm collar or harness and set the light to flashing mode for added nighttime visibility and safety.

Guardian DF Light Strap-Mount. $18. Available in Red or White. In stock and ships within one business day. Made to military specifications in Canada.

Name:  dflight.jpg
Views: 1852
Size:  38.4 KB
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    very nice! is that the synapse 25 i spy on the Guardian DF Light Strap-Mount page?

Ohhhh yeah it is.

I wish I could retrofit this to my Synapse! The only thing that keeps it from being a perfect commuting bag is lack of a blinky loop. hmmmm.... wonder if I could figure out a way to make it work...
    Anyway, it's very cool and useful for folks like me who commute in the dark!

Volunteer Moderator
    i love that the smart alec and brain bag can accommodate the guardian df light strap mount!

i would love to see the updated side effect also be able to accommodate the guardian df light strap mount!

Next up: Glowire

Ride your motorcycle or bike or walk in the dark with your Smart Alec? Weave a 5′ / 1.5 m Glowire electroluminescent wire kit through the webbing loops on the front face of the Smart Alec and set its 360° glow (very similar to neon) to Constant, Slow Flash, or Fast Flash for increased visibility.

One really important thing: installing or uninstalling the Glowire is easy and takes only a few moments. We’ve seen other bags with built-in LED strips or electroluminescent wire: cool idea, but what happens when those lights reach their end of life? Though Glowire is a top-quality product, it’s unlikely to last as long as your Smart Alec. Tom’s design choice of allowing you to add or remove the Glowire with ease ensures not only that you can remove the Glowire on days or trips you don’t anticipate using it, but also that, should it fail, you can simply get a replacement Glowire instead of having to chuck the entire bag. Plus, if you tire of one color, it’s easy enough to swap it out for another.

Glowire. $18. Available in Lime Green, Aqua, or Yellow. In stock and ships within one business day. Made in China by Glowire.

Name:  glowire1.jpg
Views: 1726
Size:  27.5 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    I wish I could retrofit this to my Synapse! The only thing that keeps it from being a perfect commuting bag is lack of a blinky loop. hmmmm.... wonder if I could figure out a way to make it work...
    Anyway, it's very cool and useful for folks like me who commute in the dark!
    maybe the synapse 19 can be updated to include a strap to mount the guardian df light strap mount?

for those with an existing synapse and comfortable with a sewing machine, perhaps one could sew a webbing loop onto one's synapse?

Sneak peek of the 25 on pic #5 of the Guardian DF Strap Light mount page. Very nice.
    Darcy likes this.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Hope I didn't spoil the 'one more thing' announcement. Do I win a prize? :-) Or maybe the blabbermouth award.
    Last edited by lotuseater; 04-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuseater View Post
    Sneak peek of the 25 on pic #5 of the Guardian DF Strap Light mount page. Very nice.
    Indeed, shows that most of the increased capacity is in the bottom compartment. I for one like this, as I bet it will be perfect for a rolled up jacket/sweater.

I'm in looooovvveee!
    Synapse 25 (steel dyneema/wasabi), Synapse 19 (conifer/steel), Empire Builder (black/steel), Ristretto for Ipad 2 (olive/cayenne), Brain Bag (black), Zephyr (black/red), Aeronaut (steel/steel), guardian dual function light, RFID blocking passport pouch, packing cubes (various sizes), horizontal freudian slip, The Kit (forest green), ultra suede screen cloth, Tom Bihn Luggage tags (x3), and who knows what is next.........

And a new video featuring the Synapse 25...

<iframe width="601" height="338" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pBHJM4dalF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's PERFECT!!!!
    Synapse 25 (steel dyneema/wasabi), Synapse 19 (conifer/steel), Empire Builder (black/steel), Ristretto for Ipad 2 (olive/cayenne), Brain Bag (black), Zephyr (black/red), Aeronaut (steel/steel), guardian dual function light, RFID blocking passport pouch, packing cubes (various sizes), horizontal freudian slip, The Kit (forest green), ultra suede screen cloth, Tom Bihn Luggage tags (x3), and who knows what is next.........

And the page is live!

Quote Originally Posted by lotuseater View Post
    And the page is live!
    Yay, and Boo at the same time. I was led to believe in the other thread that these would be shipping out this month...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0