Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Will steel be the only Dyneema color available?
    I do think we'll order Nordic Dyneema/nylon Synapse 25s in the next batch, but I don't know yet what the lining color will be. Most likely, Nordic/Steel or Nordic/Wasabi.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I do think we'll order Nordic Dyneema/nylon Synapse 25s in the next batch, but I don't know yet what the lining color will be. Most likely, Nordic/Steel or Nordic/Wasabi.
    Please consider a Steel Dyneema Synapse 25 in the next batch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Please consider a Steel Dyneema Synapse 25 in the next batch as well.
    That color is available in this first batch.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I'm definitely going to have a hard time deciding which larger bag to go with--Synapse 25, Smart Alec, and WF. Darcy, has the master designer decided whether the loops will be added to the next run of the Smart Alec? If so, how far out into the future might that run be?
    No decisions/news on that yet...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    From the Synapse 25 page:
    And remember, there are four loops of webbing in the top of the main compartment of the Synapse 25: one pair is on the back side, and one pair is on the front side. That means you can choose to have your laptop against your back or against the front of the bag, whichever seems most comfortable or most convenient. Using all four loops, you could even carry two laptops (or one laptop and one iPad) in the Synapse 25. Note that the "checkpoint-friendly" functionality will only work for one of two laptops — you'll need to remove the second laptop at the airport security checkpoint; TSA does not technically consider an iPad or similar tablet a "laptop," but you never know if they'll ask you to remove device #2 anyway.
    I should have seen that! However I was hoping I'd missed something and it would somehow work in a very clever way

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    That color is available in this first batch.
    Doh! I meant Steel Cordura, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Doh! I meant Steel Cordura, sorry about that.
    We don't have any plans to make the Synapse 25 in Steel Cordura.

There is a post in this thread: Tom Bihn Pack Help Please....... | comparing the Synapse 25 to the Smart Alec. There are a couple of photos of both bags packed so you get a good feel for the size of the new Synapse.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    @cromulent, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this post! It cemented in my mind which bag is the right one for me. This was exactly what I was looking for, a compassion of sorts between the two, information on how they behave partially and fully loaded.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    @cromulent, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this post! It cemented in my mind which bag is the right one for me. This was exactly what I was looking for, a compassion of sorts between the two, information on how they behave partially and fully loaded.
    Dorayme/Autolycus, I posted that info in the other forum. I'll probably do an extensive comparison review between the two in the near future (I need to do a full review on the Synapse 25 first) but in the meantime if you or anyone else has any other questions on how the two bags compare or need additional pics, then let me know.
    Last edited by Pocketz; 04-06-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuseater View Post
    I noticed that too. The Synapse 19 page shows a weight difference of 5oz/120g (1lb 8oz dyneema vs 1lb 13oz cordura), so I'm hoping that the weight difference of just 52g on the Synapse 25 page is misstated.
    It looks like they updated both pages. The Synapse 25 now says this:
    With 400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop you'll save about 7% on the overall weight of the Synapse.
    And the Synapse 19 has this:
    Weight: 1 lb 7.6 oz / 670 grams (CorduraŽ); 1 lb 6.4 oz / 635 grams (400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop)
    A bit sad that the weight savings aren't as huge, but understandable considering that it is only the outer fabric that is changing (and not the liner as well).

Quote Originally Posted by henryjin View Post
    It looks like they updated both pages.
    Yep, just updated these -- thanks for bringing this to my attention and I'm sorry for the inaccuracies.

First: the weights listed on the Synapse 19 page were actually overstated. The bag, in both fabric options, is lighter in weight than the product page claimed --
    Previously, they were listed as: 1 lb 13 oz / 820 grams (CorduraŽ); 1 lb 8 oz / 700 grams (400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop)
    The correct weights are: 1 lb 7.6 oz / 670 grams (CorduraŽ); 1 lb 6.4 oz / 635 grams (400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop)

And, unfortunately, due to some not-so-careful copy and pasting, the product descriptions on both the Synapse 19 and Synapse 25 pages was inaccurate in the stated percentage weight savings of Cordura vs. Dyneema/nylon. Both Synapses in the Dyneema/nylon outer fabric achieve a weight savings of about 6-7% when compared to their 1000D Cordura versions. You may well wonder: why isn't a 20% weight savings realized, similar to that of the weight savings of our travel bags made out of Dyneema/nylon? It's because neither of the Synapses use as much outer fabric as those travel bags; the zippers, webbing, foam, mesh, lining, etc. remain constant. The good (great?) news is that the 400/420 Dyneema/nylon fabric is still a little lighter, still tough as all get out, and won't collect pet fur/lint/snow like the 1000D Cordura will.

Hi Darcy, just wanted to confirm something.

I just placed an order for the Synapse 25 and if I recall correctly, I think you mentioned a few pages back that you will charge the credit card when it has shipped? Is that correct?

Thanks.

besides those loops in the 25, is the inside of the 25 like the inside of the 19? i really like that extra division on the inside of the 19.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Quote Originally Posted by fancypanda View Post
    Hi Darcy, just wanted to confirm something.

I just placed an order for the Synapse 25 and if I recall correctly, I think you mentioned a few pages back that you will charge the credit card when it has shipped? Is that correct?

Thanks.
    That's correct. We authorize your credit card for the amount of the order, but don't actually take the funds out until the day your order ships.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0