Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video

Will the updated version of the Synapse 19 cost more than the current version of the Synapse?

Hmm, there's something a bit strange from the Synapse 25 page:
    With 400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop you'll save about 20% on the overall weight of the Synapse.
    Weight: 1.79 lbs / 813 grams (CorduraŽ); 1.68 lbs / 761 grams (400d DyneemaŽ/420d nylon ripstop)
    Just wondering, which one is correct? I hope it's the first one...^^

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Nordic Dyneema/Iberian AND Steel Dyneema/Iberian pretty please for the Synapse 25 and the Synapse 19!

Turns out, I will delay pre-ordering the Synapse 25 after all. My giftee wants one in Steel Dyneema/Iberian and is willing to wait for the Synapse 25 in that combination. Myself - I am dreaming and hoping for the Synapse 19 in Nordic Dyneema/Steel. And I have been VERY, VERY good!

I am very happy for those of you who are getting one of the first production batch of the Synapse 25!
    @Walker I put in a pre-order for the Synapse 25 in Steel Dyneema/Wasabi, but I really want Nordic Dyneema/Iberian or Wasabi or Steel or Ultraviolet (in roughly that order of preference -- though I have to say that I like the combination of Nordic with Steel much better than I thought I would). The Synapse 19 is currently available for order in Nordic/Steel. So did you mean you wanted it in Nordic/Iberian instead?

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by henryjin View Post
    Hmm, there's something a bit strange from the Synapse 25 page:

Just wondering, which one is correct? I hope it's the first one...^^
    I noticed that too. The Synapse 19 page shows a weight difference of 5oz/120g (1lb 8oz dyneema vs 1lb 13oz cordura), so I'm hoping that the weight difference of just 52g on the Synapse 25 page is misstated.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

One Synapse 25 in Navy/Iberian ordered.

And my Navy/Iberian family continues to grow!! So very excited!

Once again, KUDOS, TB gang!

Great stuff TB crew. I liked the video, and the cat!

Now I just need to decide whether to go with the 25 or 19. I'm 6'1'' (186cm) tall so I'm inclined to go with the 25, but I think I'll inspect it a bit more to decide since I don't want something too big.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Walker I put in a pre-order for the Synapse 25 in Steel Dyneema/Wasabi, but I really want Nordic Dyneema/Iberian or Wasabi or Steel or Ultraviolet (in roughly that order of preference -- though I have to say that I like the combination of Nordic with Steel much better than I thought I would). The Synapse 19 is currently available for order in Nordic/Steel. So did you mean you wanted it in Nordic/Iberian instead? moriond
    @Moriond, yes, I meant to type Nordic/Iberian - that is the combination I am dreaminf of. Thanks for catching my error. Teaches me to stay off the forum late at night .

Congratulations on your new Synapse.

I do have the Synapse 19 in Nordic/Steel. I like that combination also - I think it is classic. But a woman can always use another Synapse 19, particularly one in Nordic/Iberian. And if the Synapse 19 also comes in Steel Dyneema/Iberian - I will be skipping lunch and movies for a long, long time!

Meantime, I need to get me something in wasabi! I got a travel tray, but gifted it. So I saw wasabi - it is beautiful.

Ohh the sweet pain

Ohh... the consequences of being afflicted with Bihn Acquisition Syndrome... major flare-up...

Navy/Iberian Synapse 25 ordered. My trigger finger rests now. I can get back to life-as-usual...

Pangs of TB Anticipation Syndrome starting not 3 seconds after I click the BUY button!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

I would like some pictures of the new Synapse on different bodies-- mainly because I would like to see if it is too big for smaller people.

I have been wanting a new backpack for a long time and I really like the new rails feature on the Synapse 25, because my job (I'm a professor) has ordered me a new macbook to replace the brick that is currently my laptop and I wanted to get a backpack that could work both as a backpack for travel and to carry my new computer (and all my books and papers) to work. Thing is I am a 5'5 woman of average build, and while I really like the new synapse I am wondering if it may be too big for me? So if someone could post some comparative pictures (maybe Synapse 25 on a shorter person verus a taller person?) that would be fantastic. At the moment I'm on the fence as to if I want to go bigger or smaller Synapse. Oy

You can have someone measure your torso length and see if you're close to 20 inches. If so, it should fit. Measure from C7 (knob at the back of your neck) to a line drawn across your back from the top of your hip bones.

I'm 5'6" with a 20 inch torso length, so I'm guessing it will fit me. I hope so, considering I ordered mine yesterday.

Placed an order for a Black/Steel combo with additional key straps and gate clips! Now to just find a way to wait patiently. Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Everything is happening at light speed around here right now -- I think the next batch of Synapse 19 is already in the works (no Nordic/Iberian) with most of the design updates that debuted in the Synapse 25 added.
    This line made me very happy.

The larger Synapse looks fantastic, but I still love my Smart Alec as my large backpack. But I may pick up a Synapse 19 this summer (hopefully in person at the Tom Bihn factory in Seattle) for my smaller backpack needs (day hikes and things like that). And it'll be doubly awesome if it incorporates some of these new design updates.
    Rory likes this.

Comparrison between the Smart Alec and Synapse 25 for "short" people

Hmmm, I was waivering on the SA, until I saw it in Nordic with the UV interior, and updated design. I then decided I wanted one.

I still prefer the layout and sleekness of my plum and UV Synapses and think the new Synapse 25 would make me just as happy, and fulfill my large backpack needs. My dilemma is that I keep reading it is optimized for people over 5' 6" and I'm maybe 5' 2.5". Darcy, which should feel most comfortable to a shortish small framed person? I chose (and am very happy with) the WF for its smallness. The TS felt too large. I'm short waisted too if that matters at all.

Off to study the dimensions of both bags in comparrison to each other.

And will Nordic wasabi, or Nordic UV be a future consideration, or is steel Dyneema wasabi as good as its going to get?

I love the new design, and the video btw.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    I would like some pictures of the new Synapse on different bodies-- mainly because I would like to see if it is too big for smaller people.
    I'd like to see a comparison too, if it's not too much to ask for Darcy? Or just the two bags on the same person of average height?

So if someone could post some comparative pictures (maybe Synapse 25 on a shorter person verus a taller person?) that would be fantastic. At the moment I'm on the fence as to if I want to go bigger or smaller Synapse. Oy
    I'm stuck between the 19 and 25 too. I'm 6'1'' and 200 pounds so it seems like I ought to go for the 25 though I don't want something too big since I prefer a more discreet look. I'm impressed with the stuff people manage to shove into their Synapse 19 (especially the travel posts on the forum) so it seems like it would suit my needs, but size wise I'm not sure how it would suit me.

There's a photo in this topic with a man who has a larger body width than me, and the Synapse 19 seems to fit him rather well, then again he does seem to be shorter than me.

I would suggest to go into a backpack store and find some bags with similar dimensions to the 19 and 25 since that's what I plan on doing tomorrow.

Nli
    Oh! Synapse 25 looks gorgeous. Hoping to order but will need to compare size to some old packs around the house to compare...19 was too small and 25 may be too long for my torso/waist. Was also hoping for ballistic instead of cordura (animals everywhere: at work, at home and everywhere in between). Also was hoping for a padded carry strap on top (everything else looks AMAZING but - sorry - the plain webbed carry strap just looks cheap/cheesy). May keep wishin' and hopin' .......

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0