Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video

I just received my regular Synapse yesterday. After packing it up I was a little disappointed as to how small it was and high it rode on my back on my 6 foot frame. I may have to return it and consider a new larger Synapse, since I have a 26L pack that does fit very well on my frame. Maybe a Smart Alec will be a good larger option too, since the bulk of pack came from my windbreaker bulging it, which the Smart Alecs outside storage would solve.

The Synapse would be great with loops on the outside to add modular bungee cords to strap on a jacket if you needed them, or remove them if you dont.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Re: your suggestions/questions about color combinations of Synapse 25. It's too early for us to make any promises about which colors will be offered in the next run, but just know that we are paying attention!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That's ok! Send me an email with your order number: darcy@tombihn.com (and we'll add those comments)
    Thanks! Email sent! The bags are great, but it's the service that keeps me coming back for more!

Does not come in Nordic which means I don't have to redo my whole "which backpack do I need" discussion! Is it bad that I'm kind of happy about this? I can officially add the SA to my birthday wish list now!

Volunteer Moderator
    ordered steel/wasabi!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarha View Post
    I've been waiting so long for this magic moment; just preordered steel dyneema/wasabi! Love that combo.
    I preordered the same!
    Synapse 25 (steel dyneema/wasabi), Synapse 19 (conifer/steel), Empire Builder (black/steel), Ristretto for Ipad 2 (olive/cayenne), Brain Bag (black), Zephyr (black/red), Aeronaut (steel/steel), guardian dual function light, RFID blocking passport pouch, packing cubes (various sizes), horizontal freudian slip, The Kit (forest green), ultra suede screen cloth, Tom Bihn Luggage tags (x3), and who knows what is next.........

I really appreciate the inclusion of the cache rails. If it were available in Nordic with either steel or iberian, I'd probably place an order right now. But I'm kind of glad it's not so I can wait for some pictures of how much and what shapes fit in it best.

I'm evaluating bags to bring work home for telework. Bags under consideration are: Synapse 25, SA, WF (rolling bag version), and possibly, but least likely Brain Bag. I usually have a work laptop (a 13" dell), 2-3 document folders that are a couple inches thick each--vertical 2-hole punched manila or pressboard folders-- and some small accessories like power brick, etc. In the Synapse 19, I can usually fit the laptop naked along with 1 thicker file or 2 thinner ones. I'd prefer to have the laptop in a cache or similar and to carry an additional folder. When I can't fit everything in the backpack, I have a rolling document case. The fewer days I have to deal with that on the train, the better!

Anybody got suggestions on which one will hold this load best? I'm 5'9", so the height of any of them should be fine. The WF also has the advantage of looking more like a briefcase for when I have venture out into the public and need to look a little more professional, but I tend to find dedicated backpacks to be more comfortable when carried regularly. I'd go with the WF in rolling bag version because I would be treat it exactly like a regular briefcase and would like it to slide over the document case when I need both.

As always, I'd love a Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet combination :-)
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec.

This is my first post on Tom Bihn, but I've been checking the forums about 25 times a day for the new Synapse announcement. I just ordered Black/Wasabi and can't wait to use it on a trip to Mongolia in June. Too bad that it won't come before another trip in a couple of weeks. But, that's okay...just looking forward to having it.

I purchased the smaller Synapse several weeks ago and it was just a little too small for my needs. I thought I would check the forums to see if there "might" be any other bags in development. To say I was excited about a bigger Synapse is an understatement.

Thanks Tom Bihn, and I look forward to my first bag.

Jay
    Darcy, does the vertical Freudian Slip fit in the Synapse 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Darcy, does the vertical Freudian Slip fit in the Synapse 25?
    It will fit, but we're not recommending it as a good fit. The corners of the Freudian Slip hit the top corners of the Synapse 25 in a way that doesn't really work for us (or, we're guessing, you!)
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-02-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Piper View Post
    I preordered the same!
    make that 3. Steel dyneema/wasabi for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Akilae View Post
    I've been waiting for a larger Synapse forever!

However, it seems the pack is not really hydration compatible?
    The top center front pocket is deep enough for a 1-liter hydration bladder (a 2-liter hydration bladder will also fit as long as it's not overfilled) and there's a (removable) hydration tube clip on one of the shoulder straps:

Name:  synapse25hydration.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  45.0 KB

OK folks, who gets the earliest timestamp (Pacific Time) for pre-order confirmation? Mine was 10:08:16am, Steel dyneema/wasabi. Would have been sooner but I forgot my password and had to log in as guest.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Will steel be the only Dyneema color available?
    --------------------------------

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0