Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Introducing the Synapse 25

The Synapse 25 is a carefully calculated, supremely organized backpack, designed for day hiking, everyday carry, and ultralight travel. No mesh pockets clutter the exterior of this bag, nor extraneous straps festoon it; in it, you’ll be able to carry more than you would imagine, and no one will be the wiser.

You guys have been asking us for a while to make a bigger version of the Synapse 19 — here it is. Seems easy, right? Just make the whole bag bigger? Not quite. Take the water bottle pocket, for example: if we had simply made the Synapse 25 a larger version of the Synapse 19, the water bottle pocket would have been needlessly long. That’d be wasted space, plus you’d have to reach farther in to pull your water bottle out. Instead, we took that volume and allocated it to the bottom pocket (where it can serve good instead of evil).

Read our full blog post introducing the Synapse 25 for the details on all five design updates.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

AND My preorder for Steel Dyneema/Wasabi is in!!!!
    Synapse 25 (steel dyneema/wasabi), Synapse 19 (conifer/steel), Empire Builder (black/steel), Ristretto for Ipad 2 (olive/cayenne), Brain Bag (black), Zephyr (black/red), Aeronaut (steel/steel), guardian dual function light, RFID blocking passport pouch, packing cubes (various sizes), horizontal freudian slip, The Kit (forest green), ultra suede screen cloth, Tom Bihn Luggage tags (x3), and who knows what is next.........

Ordered!! Black/Steel

Indeed this looks like a "killer design" much like the Tristar in that it incorporates the best of several different older products into a more refined design.

I just wish they had gone with ballistic instead of cordura

For rougher uses cordura is probably better, I just love the look of the navy ballistic you guys use.

The question now is, do I sell my smart alec and get the new synapse 25? I'm tempted to do that, but I can't justify both since I rarely use a backpack.

I doooon't knooooow which color to chooooose!!!

Is it likely to be made with a Nordic Dyneema exterior?
    moriond likes this.

Are the photos not loading for anyone else?

I, for one, am really interested in the Cache with Rails! How cool is THAT feature?!??

I first asked for this back in 2011 sometime (too lazy to locate the thread, sorry), and now I'm going to be that punk who doesn't pre-order. BUT. It's such a thoughtful redesign and it is inspiring waves of covetousness. Just, waves upon waves. Beautiful job, guys.

Nuke, how about Steel Dyneema/Wasabi for a variation on a theme, or is that boring? Personally, Black/Iberian is sending out its siren song in my direction.
    Darcy and tCook like this.

Question

So the site says available Mid-May, but previous post said shipping before the end of April. I've never "pre-ordered" from Tom Bihn before, so are the "available" dates estimates? I want the bigger Synapse, but my trip is on the 27th...

Ok, the page is live-ish.

I really like the cache with rails system that I have in my Cadet, and I hope it's introduced in more bags. Great to see the first vertical rendition in the Synapse 25. Also happy to see it'll fit 15" MBPs in the new configuration. My work-issued Lenovo T410 with extended battery is just a smidge taller than the 15" MBP and it fits the horizontal cache well enough, so I hope the same is true of the vertical cache.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

@Badger, I'm leaning toward Black/Iberian - I love that combination. But my choice isn't set in stone (therein lies the problem...).

I like the organizational features on the new Synapse 25. My Smart Alec is jealous.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by henryjin View Post
    Are the photos not loading for anyone else?
    Momentary system issue! All fixed now (try reloading).
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    very nicely done!

i love the design of the new synapse 25!

+1 for nordic, with iberian or wasabi or ultraviolet inside!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0