Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video

Great video on the accessories, Darcy!

Is there any chance you could post some photos of the Synapse 25 in Nordic Dyneema? I'm now trying decide which color combo to go for... Thanks in advance

Great video, thanks for sharing Darcy. Now who's the handsome fella doing the packing!

Quote Originally Posted by GuyB View Post
    awesome Darcy! I think this video has tipped me over the edge. I'm going to invest in one.

Question though: I'm travelling on 29 June (leaving from Sydney, Australia).
    What a funny coincidence I'm travelling on the 29th of June myself! But leaving from Brisbane. And I'll be getting my Synapse 25 this week
    GuyB likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    Is there any chance you could post some photos of the Synapse 25 in Nordic Dyneema? I'm now trying decide which color combo to go for... Thanks in advance
    Not yet... we don't even have any Synapse 25 in Nordic! It's only available for pre-order. There are photos of the Synapse 19 in Nordic, though:

Name:  synapse19nordic.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  116.6 KB
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Awesome video. Love the music. What is it? and who is the handsome model (not the Synapse 25)?
    Glad you like it!

The music is by Serge Essiambre.

In the video is Scott, our Shipping Lead. He and I form our in-house video production team. In addition to being in some of the videos, Scott is our Video Editor -- he takes the footage we shoot, works some magic, and then you guys get to see the final results.
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-29-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet! Finally! Any chance of that combination in other bags?
    Last edited by marbenais; 04-29-2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: to fix the iPhone's inaccurate autocorrect
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet! Finally! Any chance of that combination in other bags?
    Maybe! We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyB View Post
    Question though: I'm travelling on 29 June (leaving from Sydney, Australia).

Do you think there is ANY chance I'd get my Synapse 25 in black/iberian by that deadline?
    I do think there's a good chance we could get a Synapse 25 in Black/Iberian to you by your deadline. I'd recommend placing an order and noting in the comments box during checkout that you must absolutely receive the bag by June 25th -- and we'll make sure that happens. Or, in the unlikely event something unforeseen delays the next run of Synapse 25s and that means we can't get the bag to you in time, we'll let you know that too.

I'm tempted to get the synapse 25 only because I want it in steel/UV, but only being 5'1" I wonder if it would look ridiculous on me?
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    I'm tempted to get the synapse 25 only because I want it in steel/UV, but only being 5'1" I wonder if it would look ridiculous on me?
    I'd definitely recommend the Synapse 19 over the Synapse 25 for you. And I'm pretty sure we'll offer the Synapse 19 in Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet within the next 3-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'd definitely recommend the Synapse 19 over the Synapse 25 for you. And I'm pretty sure we'll offer the Synapse 19 in Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet within the next 3-5 months.
    Thanks Darcy..I guess I'll try to be patient.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Well just as I was about to leave the house I hear a knock on the door and it's my beloved Synapse 25 Just wanted to say a big thank you to the Tom Bihn crew (and to Tom Bihn himself) for making this all happen I'm 6.1 feet tall and it fits me just fine. The great thing is that it's about the same size as my current backpack, but it fits everything I usually carry so well, compared to my current backpack where it just bulges out.

Just wanted to ask a question Darcy: I ordered the 8inch key strap and I got that, but I noticed that inside one of the side pockets there was another 8inch key strap attached! Is this included by default or did I get lucky in getting an extra one? If it wasn't intended and you need me to send it back, then I don't mind doing that.
    Last edited by fancypanda; 04-29-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fancypanda View Post
    Just wanted to ask a question Darcy: I ordered the 8inch key strap and I got that, but I noticed that inside one of the side pockets there was another 8inch key strap attached! Is this included by default or did I get lucky in getting an extra one? If it wasn't intended and you need me to send it back, then I don't mind doing that.
    I'm not Darcy, but I will note that every day bag I have gotten from TB & Co. has had a single 8" black key strap attached to one of the o-rings. I do not believe my Aeronaut did. Otherwise every bag I have has had it.

And I just found an on-point quote from the Synapse 25 product page:

Both side zippered pockets feature one O-ring — one comes with an 8" / 200 mm Key Strap.
    Darcy likes this.

Hey thanks for that. I was going to check the page out when I posted that but I didn't have time. That's great then

Just thought I'd update, but I've had it for about 2 hours now and I just walked around 15 minutes wearing it and the bag is very comfortable. I like how it seems to 'hug' your back, it just sits so perfectly and it doesn't even feel heavy! Compared to my previous bag, it didn't come anywhere close as being this comfortable with all the stuff I carry in it, plus it always felt heavy.

The only 'improvement' I would suggest, is for the small handle that's at the top of the bag to be padded. With my previous bag it was padded which made it easier to pick up and hold onto, not that it matters that much, but just thought I'd provide some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    And I'm pretty sure we'll offer the Synapse 19 in Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet within the next 3-5 months.
    AAAHHHHHHH DARCY! You know, I had resigned myself to getting the Steel Dyneema/Steel Dyneema one -- rationalizing that most of my pouches & stuff sacks are something other than Steel Dyneema anyway so they'd stand out anyway, and it's probably more professional-looking when my Synapse is open on the floor to have the interior be the more sedate Steel rather than my beloved Ultraviolet -- but now it could be an option!

(I'm currently using the Black Cordura/Ultraviolet Dyneema one. Once I find the Plum/Solar one I will clean & sell it. But the Steel/Ultraviolet all-Dyneema is my dream combination . . . )

You know, as I've typed this out, I'm going to get that Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet Dyneema. I've been begging for it for years. But will it be more expensive than a Steel Dyneema/Steel Dyneema Synapse 19 ordered now & shipping in late May? (ie, will the price go up for the backorder or only for the next batch?) I do wish I could get the Synapse 25 but I'm 5"0' and that's not going to work out at all.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    You know, as I've typed this out, I'm going to get that Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet Dyneema. I've been begging for it for years. But will it be more expensive than a Steel Dyneema/Steel Dyneema Synapse 19 ordered now & shipping in late May? (ie, will the price go up for the backorder or only for the next batch?) I do wish I could get the Synapse 25 but I'm 5"0' and that's not going to work out at all.
    We do plan to increase the price of the next batch Synapse 19. Edited to add an update! The price of the Synapse 19 will be changed to $160 later this evening.

You could place a backorder ASAP for the Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet -- before we update the price.
    Last edited by Darcy; 04-30-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0