Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Introducing the: Synapse 25, Guardian Strap-Mount Light, Glowire, and a new video

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    besides those loops in the 25, is the inside of the 25 like the inside of the 19? i really like that extra division on the inside of the 19.
    Yeah! Here's a photo of the inside of the Synapse 25 that I took a couple of days ago...

Name:  synapse25edc1.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  56.5 KB
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I received a surprise delivery from UPS yesterday... Awesome bags and service, what more can one ask for?

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1220
Size:  674.2 KB

That's an epic haul, JD. Enjoy your new friends!

I also received my Synapse 25 (black/iberian) - sorry no pics. The color combo is really striking - first time I have seen it in person - and the quality is, as always, top notch. I did a few quick test packs for various situations. As I was playing with the new bag, it struck me that I might actually like my older Smart Alec a little better for the types of packing I tried (daily carry, 2 day trip for work (a clothing packed cube along with a laptop, toiletries and workout shoes), 4 day casual trip (clothing packed cube, toiletries, ipad, workout shoes). I will spend a few more days working with the bag to see if it is indeed a keeper for me.

Update: a couple more trial packings - the bag is definitely growing on me. I find I like the slimmer profile holding the same amount of stuff. Access is easier since the main compartment opens about 2/3 of the way down as opposed to the top load of the SA. For anyone interested, a vertical Freudian slip fits nicely in the bag.
    Last edited by rabergnc; 04-10-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typos as usual - probably still more there...
    moriond likes this.

Sooo beautiful, JD78. The Navy/iberian combo is stunning. I have the 19 in Navy/iberian and I LOVE it. I've preordered the 25 and after seeing your pics, cannot wait! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I do think we'll order Nordic Dyneema/nylon Synapse 25s in the next batch, but I don't know yet what the lining color will be. Most likely, Nordic/Steel or Nordic/Wasabi.
    I love the dyneema lining and its use in the PCSB and PCBP and the like. I'm one who has hesitated on the dyneema exterior, though. However, I would be sorely tempted to try out a Nordic/iberian or Nordic/wasabi cafe bag or synapse.....

Quote Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
    I received a surprise delivery from UPS yesterday... Awesome bags and service, what more can one ask for?
    Wow, that colour combination looks beautiful! Makes me almost tempted to change my order from Steel to that!

Why does Tom Bihn have so many tempting products and colour combinations

Darcy: I'm just wondering whether there is any difference between this new guardian light and the other one you have? Is it just the clipping that's different? Can the 'original base' one also attach to the Synapse 25?

Update: the Synapse 25 is now in stock and ready to ship in colors Steel Dyneema/Steel, Navy/Iberian, and Navy/Ultraviolet.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Just put in my order for a Black/Wasabi Synapse 25 with the Cache on Rails.
    Very excited, this will be my first Tom Bihn bag!

Quote Originally Posted by Mogki View Post
    Just put in my order for a Black/Wasabi Synapse 25 with the Cache on Rails.
    Very excited, this will be my first Tom Bihn bag!
    Thanks for your order! Let us know what you think when your Synapse 25 arrives (shouldn't be too much longer before it ships...)

Kieu adding several of the 24 total bartacks in the Synapse 25.....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GOBi7LEg3QM?list=UU-AzwFahD6BI2BDpWTNis7A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow Ms. Kieu is very impressive! Fast, fluid, and fabulous!! How DOES she do that?

Thanks for the video Darcy, that's rather impressive.

Would it be possible to provide a photo of how the whole bag looks like in that dyneema steel that's in the video? But in natural light? The stock photos have it looking a bit light, whilst in the video it looks darker, and it's hard to distinguish whether it's the 200d or 400d going by past photos from reviews/members.

Quote Originally Posted by fancypanda View Post
    Thanks for the video Darcy, that's rather impressive.

Would it be possible to provide a photo of how the whole bag looks like in that dyneema steel that's in the video? But in natural light? The stock photos have it looking a bit light, whilst in the video it looks darker, and it's hard to distinguish whether it's the 200d or 400d going by past photos from reviews/members.
    You can see what the Synapse 25 in 400d Steel Dyneema looks like indoors under photo lights and also in natural light in the Everyday video. In general, 400d Steel Dyneema (any fabric, really) is going to look different in different light. Even in real life, to your naked eye, the fabric is going to look slightly different in daylight, in fluorescent light, low light, super bright light, etc.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0