Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First Class Mail to Canada Trial Run

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar

First Class Mail to Canada Trial Run

To all of our friends in Canada we have some great news! So far, our experiment shipping USPS International First Class Mail to Australia has been a success -- so much so that we've decided to expand the experiment to include Canada. The fine print (and shipping pricing) is below. I'm here if you have any questions.

The fine print:
    For orders up to $12.00 the shipping cost is $8.00. For orders up to $30.00 the shipping cost is $12.00. And for orders up to $60.00 the shipping cost is $15.00. Note that orders shipped via International First Class Mail are not trackable. Estimated shipping time is between 10-14 days. In some cases it may take up to three weeks to be delivered. Please keep in mind that there are some items which require a larger box size that will not qualify for First-Class Shipping. Happy shipping!
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Great news indeed - thanks for offering that!
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

yes!!!!

so scott, for the various options, i will find them in the drop down menu? up to 12, up to 30 and up to 60.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Yes, after you've finished Checkout you can select USPS International to Canada for orders up to $60.
    Scott Schweiger
    www.tombihn.com

good stuff!
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Hey, what happened to the Like button?? I definitely like this.

Yay!!! Will make restraint that much harder....

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Hey, what happened to the Like button?? I definitely like this.
    Yeah, where did it go?! Now no one likes me!!!! I was so excited to get 100 likes I took a screen shot!!! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  38.6 KB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miking View Post
    Yeah, where did it go?! Now no one likes me!!!! I was so excited to get 100 likes I took a screen shot!!! Name:  image.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  38.6 KB
    hehe! We're working on some minor forum upgrades -- the Like button should be back soon.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thank you for offering this shipping method! I am super excited to try it out but my wallet will probably not be as excited.

I just received the organizer cube and key strap that I ordered on April 25th. I was surprised I could track my package right to delivery to my local post office. It even spent a few days in L.A. before making it to Canada! I just wish the upper limit for shipping this way was $65 rather than $60. I was thinking of ordering a medium cafe bag but I can't justify paying the full shipping charge. I'll just have to put it on my wish list for my next order.
    Thanks for offering this shipping option!

We are now offering USPS shipping to the UK. Check it out here!
    Darcy likes this.
    Scott Schweiger
    www.tombihn.com

Quote Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
    The fine print:
    For orders up to $12.00 the shipping cost is $8.00. For orders up to $30.00 the shipping cost is $12.00. And for orders up to $60.00 the shipping cost is $15.00. Note that orders shipped via International First Class Mail are not trackable. Estimated shipping time is between 10-14 days. In some cases it may take up to three weeks to be delivered. Please keep in mind that there are some items which require a larger box size that will not qualify for First-Class Shipping. Happy shipping!
    I've made two orders, but shipped them to my hotel in the US instead of how to Canada because I never saw these cheaper options. Are they still offered? Is there a size limit steer which it is always the normal option?
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

But what happens when it gets to the border? Do we get dinged with duty and all that nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    But what happens when it gets to the border? Do we get dinged with duty and all that nonsense?
    In my limited experience of one order shipped to my home in Toronto, no. I did not have to pay any duty on my order shipped via USPS First Class International. Granted, it is worth noting that this option is only available for orders less than $60 USD.

If you're ordering anything more expensive than that (i.e. a bag), then it gets shipped via UPS International Expedited, which already pre-pays the brokerage. I don't think there should be duty on it since all goods were manufactured in the USA (yay for NAFTA?), but can't confirm that as I've had my big purchases shipped to the US when down there on business. I'm generally against shipping anything via UPS cross-border since they are the WORST at charging ridiculous brokerage fees, but as this service includes it prepaid, I'm hoping it is less of an issue than with eBay or other online shopping shipments.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0