• 24 Post By lomo
  • 5 Post By backpack
  • 4 Post By lomo
  • 3 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: You've ruined my children...

You've ruined my children...

Two of my boys are now ruined.

They are saving allowances and doing extra jobs around the house because they are saving up for Tom Bihn bags. One wants a Black/Iberian Synapse for middle school in the fall... but is concerned that he may need to bring a netbook home from school...so he wants to get something he can snap a Brain Cell (for a netbook?) into--he loves that feature on my EB...turning it upside down and the MBP stays in, nice and safe. He keeps asking about the larger Synapse...several times a day.

My first grader, bless him, saw the Black/Ultraviolet Synapse photos and fell in love. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it was not in production. He has a small allowance, so he will probably change his mind before he saves up enough.

LIke a good parent, I told them I would pay for the shipping.

These two are discussing the virtues of the different fabrics, the color choices, the resale value (in case the Synapse doesn't meet his needs), and what accessories each would like. So funny. Three months ago it was Pokemon. Now they are trying to put things in the different sized pouches to see what each would need for his own bag. All my things are dumped in the bottom of my EB.

One suggested a packing cube backpack as an "inner bag" for library books. Super. $40 library bag...that's a lot of lawn mowing, sweetheart.

They are looking at the zippers on EVERYTHING in the house. "Why did the company use this cheap zipper? Don't they care about the quality?"

Phrases like "compare the craftsmanship" are popping up in everyday conversations. They mock the lesser bags in the house. Prices are measured, "that is 1/10th of a Synapse" or "that's almost three dyneema mini pouches."

One walks around the house with his Tom Bihn wallet attached to his hoodie zipper. He wants to put o-rings in the pockets of his pants.

They are wrecked.

Thanks a lot.

You got to get those children the Field Journal Notebook!

Just imagine the fun time they'll have playing Indiana Jones and all kind of scientists or explorers and note their field trip finds.

One of them or both could use it to draw, journal and paint.

It's great for them to start "heavy lifting" school years with Tom Bihn Bags!

Their growing frames will thank you and it is so wonderful to see them exited about Tom Bihn Bags!

You are nothing but a troublemaker, backpack. Get thee behind me!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    @lomo, sorry, nothing but enabling happens here.

I think you should let the boys have forum accounts so that they can truly make educated decisions about which TB items they need.

Of course my kids all have some TB of their very own, and I'm always on the lookout for what else could work well for them. Yep, like I said, nothing but enabling here.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Jay
    My kids sometimes drag their backpacks on the ground despite me telling them not to. So I say they have a ways to go before I will allow them to upgrade to a Tom Bihn bag.

Jay, I used to drag my travel bags on the floor of airports, it has not happened since I got a Tom Bihn Bag. My first trip was with a Brain Bag loaded with two iBooks, (heavy white mac laptops).

The difference between any old or new bag designed to be made cheaply and look consumable and a Tom Bihn Bag is that the Tom Bihn Bag is designed to be comfortable carried either loaded up or barely packed and look gorgeous at the same time.
    dorayme likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0