Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Bigger Synapse announced!!

Bigger Synapse announced!!

Hot dang. Darcy snuck this right under our radar! (we knew it was coming, but here's the announcement on Twitter):

@tombihn 9:32am via Web:
    Working on the larger Synapse in our factory today. Volume will be: 25 L = 1526 cubic inches
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

That's a very nice size! I'm excited to see a substantial volume increase but that the overall capacity has remained manageable. (for me, that is.)
    Darcy likes this.

Oooohh! Just a touch smaller than the Smart Alec!!! If this comes in some sort of wasabi or black/wasabi and fits a 15" MacBook Pro I will be thrilled!

I can't wait for this to be finalized!! Then all factory resourses diverted to the R&D of the iPad mini FJN!

Annnnnnnd while we are at it, I hope it has cadet style webbing rails to make it ultra airport friendly!!!
    Last edited by Miking; 03-07-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miking View Post
    Oooohh! Just a touch smaller than the Smart Alec!!! If this comes in some sort of wasabi or black/wasabi..
    Dy-nee-ma! Dy-nee-ma! Dy-nee-ma!!!!

:-D
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Doh! And I just bought my Dyneema Smart Alec!!!
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Doh! And I just bought my Dyneema Smart Alec!!!
    So?

They are different sizes!

The calyx? The neuron? The dendrite?

Well if the original is called the Synapse, this is the space between the Dentrite and the Axon. So if the "thing" that carries the message is the Neurotransmitter, would it not follow that the new "one" might be called the Neuron or the Transmitter?!

Been waiting for this announcement.
    Any idea on colors? price? Dyneema choices?
    Can't wait

And the largest synapse is the calyx of Held which sounds like the ruler of an alien planet. (Starwars anyone?)

Anxious to see the layout. The last I read was that it was taller than the SA.
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

more than the bag, this "naming" conversation is more interesting to me...and i am learning more than I knew about starwars, synapses, and neurons...LOL!

Jay
    Perhaps like the Egos it will be called the Super Synapse?

I was going to make a post recommending a larger version of the Synapse myself so seeing this announcement seems like Tom Bihn was reading my mind! I always liked the layout of the Synapse but being a tall guy myself, the backpack was just too small for me so I'm thrilled that my wish is finally coming true. Here are a few things on my wish list that I would like to see with this new bag:

Constructed out of Ballistic Nylon, or at least have a Ballistic Nylon option for some (Please, please do this!)
    The ability to have a vertical Brain Cell attached to the inside
    Enough room to fit a Freudian Slip
    Miking likes this.

Ah yes, but the ego superego and id are the three aspects of the personality according to Freudian theory which is why i said Sheldon needs and id, not an ego or superego. Sadly, no one but me thought it funny!

i have always loved the layout of the synapse but found that the overall size was too small. this bigger size will be perfect for air travel for me at least. i love all the outside pockets of the synapse.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0