Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Bigger Synapse announced!!

I just joined to voice my excitement for this upcoming bag! I've been following the forums for several months now (well ever since I came across Tom Bihn). I'm unsure whether to go with the Synapse 19 owing to the size, and I'm unsure how it would fit on me seeing how I'm 6.1 feet (or 186cm) tall.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    One more preview photo before tomorrow's announcement...

Name:  synapse25preview.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  44.4 KB
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

i see the like link is back, but where's that love link???

We first showed this photo of two of the five design updates debuting in the Synapse 25 in last night's email newsletter..

Attachment 3525
    Nobody has yet tried to guess the five design changes--not even the two that are in this photo! I'll throw in my guesses as to the two displayed changes and invite others either correct me--to let me know that it's not really a change--or add their own guesses regarding the other three changes.

1) New strap for Guardian light, duh! I'm guessing this is on the lower panel of the lower pocket, the one that is slightly u-shaped.
    2) All external seams now have trim

Woohoo!!! Can't wait!
    Synapse 25 (steel dyneema/wasabi), Synapse 19 (conifer/steel), Empire Builder (black/steel), Ristretto for Ipad 2 (olive/cayenne), Brain Bag (black), Zephyr (black/red), Aeronaut (steel/steel), guardian dual function light, RFID blocking passport pouch, packing cubes (various sizes), horizontal freudian slip, The Kit (forest green), ultra suede screen cloth, Tom Bihn Luggage tags (x3), and who knows what is next.........

Oooh, looks like there's more room to fit my lipgloss in! Can't wait for tomorrow.

I just joined up to voice my excitement over this new Synapse Ever since I discovered Tom Bihn late last year, I've been torn over which bag to get, the 19 or 25 coming soon
    Darcy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by knifed View Post
    Will the new Synapse 25 work well as a "daily-use" bag for a person who's 5'5"-5'6" and 130lbs?
    I'm about 5'5" and, though Synapse 19 is a better fit, I feel like the Synapse 25 fits me pretty well. (Anyone shorter would definitely want to go with the Synapse 19.)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

At 5'0", the regular Synapse fits me very well. Do you have anyone around TB-headquarters shorter than you, Darcy, who could model the new Synapse? I know that the Smart Alec (well, the older version) is okay on me but the Brain Bag is uncomfortable for long stretches of walking.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Darcy, any chance you'll have a Synapse 25 at the Seattle store this week? I am up in Seattle for business Wednesday and Thursday and am looking <ahem> may need to make an excuse to visit the store on Thursday. I just bought a Synapse 19 and I'm thinking it's too small for me. Would love to see El Synaptic Grandiosity in person.

Quote Originally Posted by celos View Post
    Darcy, any chance you'll have a Synapse 25 at the Seattle store this week? I am up in Seattle for business Wednesday and Thursday and am looking <ahem> may need to make an excuse to visit the store on Thursday. I just bought a Synapse 19 and I'm thinking it's too small for me. Would love to see El Synaptic Grandiosity in person.
    Definitely -- come on by (10am - 4pm) and ask for a Synapse 25 and we'll bring one out from the factory.

Volunteer Moderator
    Definitely -- come on by (10am - 4pm) and ask for a Synapse 25 and we'll bring one out from the factory.
    hmmmm, how do i work a trip out to seattle into my day today?!?

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    At 5'0", the regular Synapse fits me very well. Do you have anyone around TB-headquarters shorter than you, Darcy, who could model the new Synapse? I know that the Smart Alec (well, the older version) is okay on me but the Brain Bag is uncomfortable for long stretches of walking.
    I have the smaller Synapse and it's hard to fit everything in on gym days. I was planning to order the larger version. I would like to know if it will be comfortable for me, at 5 ft 2 in.
    cdp1964 likes this.

Anyone else refreshing the main page over and over?

Wow! And it comes with all those nifty pens, pencils, styli and even a Leatherman tool!

Say, I wonder if there's room for my lip balm!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0