Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Bigger Synapse announced!!

Did somebody say the larger version of the Synapse will be called the Cortex?
    Last edited by papids2000; 03-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Dyneema! Steel/Ultraviolet?
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Dyneema! Steel/Ultraviolet?
    We're low on Steel 400d Dyneema/nylon (it's proved more popular than we even thought it would be) and though we have more on order, we won't have enough to make that color combination -- this time, anyway. Steel Dyneema/Steel and Steel Dyneema/Wasabi will be available.

Also: we spent much of the day working on a video that shows the big Synapse. Can't wait to post it (in a few weeks)!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're low on Steel 400d Dyneema/nylon (it's proved more popular than we even thought it would be) and though we have more on order, we won't have enough to make that color combination -- this time, anyway. Steel Dyneema/Steel and Steel Dyneema/Wasabi will be available.

Also: we spent much of the day working on a video that shows the big Synapse. Can't wait to post it (in a few weeks)!
    No nice bright new 400d Dyneema colours? Wasabi, maybe? I know, I'm sounding like a worn record, but God loves a trier... ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened un to you... if at first you don't succeed; try, try and try again... etc., etc.!!! O.K. I'll shut up now... , but did I mention wasabi?
    bltkmt and whisper like this.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    i have always loved the layout of the synapse but found that the overall size was too small. this bigger size will be perfect for air travel for me at least. i love all the outside pockets of the synapse.
    I have to quote. I have both the Synapse and the Brain Bag and I do prefer the layout of the former. The outside pockets are awesome. And o-rings everywhere, when I realised the BB only had 2 O-rings I was shocked...

Just can't wait to see a comparison with the Super Synapse.

But maybe sometime Steel Dyneema/Ultraviolet Dyneema could be a combination? (Ideally for the regular-size Synapse as well!)
    TXGirl likes this.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

I'm excited to see the new bag, because one of the things that I love about Tom Bihn is that he doesn't "just" make a bag larger or smaller. He redesigns it so it becomes the best possible bag it can be for it's new size.

Having said that, my curiosity about the new design is purely academic. I have a Smart Alec that I love, and am seriously considering a current-size Synapse for a somewhat smaller option and a hiking bag. (I *love* my Smart Alec, but it doesn't suit my needs when I go hiking.)

What exactly will happen to the current synapse? I tried various backpacks looking for one that had everything I wanted. I waited here at TB for several years hoping for a smaller backpack with outside pockets. And then the Synapse was born- the perfect backpack. I just need to know if I need to buy enough Synapses to last me the rest of my life or if you will offer both sizes.

They've already announced that the current Synapse will NOT be deleted from the product line. You're safe!!
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

Thumbs up

All I can say is, pleeeaaase do a Steel/Steel version! Sufficiently professional-looking for the office, but still unique among the many all-black packs in the workplace. I missed ordering that color combo in the small Synapse by like a week after procrastinating for just a little too long, I logged on to finally place my order and found it discontinued. Very distressing! (in, you know, a "first-world problems" kind of way ;-))

Soon?
    Please

What's the likely hood of this being available and shipped before the end of the April?

Quote Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
    What's the likely hood of this being available and shipped before the end of the April?
    That could happen, as long as the Synapse 25 doesn't sell out before the end of April (always a possibility, even while only available for pre-order.)
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Does this suggest that the new bag may be available for pre-order soon? Inquiring minds and all that.....

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    Does this suggest that the new bag may be available for pre-order soon? Inquiring minds and all that.....
    Maybe... No fooling. (That's a hint.)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0