Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Bigger Synapse announced!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    ... Here are a few things on my wish list that I would like to see with this new bag:

Constructed out of Ballistic Nylon, or at least have a Ballistic Nylon option for some (Please, please do this!)
    +1000!!! (please, please, please...)

I love ballistic, hate cordura. I don't like the feel, the way it picks up dust and lint, looks too casual, etc.

I have a Tri-star and Co-Pilot -- love the ballistic. Returned a Smart Alec because I didnt like the cordura part (and wasn't crazy about the shape). I would jump on a larger synapse in ballistic. That would be great!
    mifcnm likes this.

I have many bags in Cordura and they don't feel too casual, my beloved late cat shared the house with my first Cordura Brain Bag.

I also have not experienced Cordura picking up lint and dust in many different places, in all kind of weather, my Cordura Large Cafe Bags even managed the yukky under seat area of the airplane.

I don't know if very curvy, small pockets Tom Bihn bags can be made of Cordura, have you considered Dyneema?

Only two words: Woo hoo!

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by Illum View Post
    I love ballistic, hate cordura. I don't like the feel, the way it picks up dust and lint, looks too casual, etc.
    Exactly! I bought a Brain Bag but had to return it because it started attracting dust and lint almost immediately after removing it from the shipping box. I really want a back pack and if this new Synapse is made out of ballistic nylon I will be buying one for sure!

Anyone know when the bigger Synapse will be available for pre-order? I wants one, my own, my preeeecious....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Anyone know when the bigger Synapse will be available for pre-order? I wants one, my own, my preeeecious....
    No specific date yet, but it should be fairly soon..
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That elicited a genuine micro-squee.

Does it have a name yet? If not, can I suggest Synapse of Hugeness?
    Darcy likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    \Synapse of Hugeness
    +1. SoHness, here we come.

Jay
    Are you able to reveal any details about it? Just a few?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Are you able to reveal any details about it? Just a few?
    You guys are going to get me in trouble!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I am looking forward to the specs - at 25L capacity, I'm really interested in seeing how this looks against the Smart Alec.

Alright -- someone here guessed something that's almost certainly going to be true about the (working title) bigger Synapse. How's that?

sweet beagle biscuit, i hope it's the part about ballistic being an option!!

I KNEW IT!

You really are going to call it the Synapse of Hugeness! Adding it to my forum signature now....

Alright -- someone here guessed something that's almost certainly going to be true about the (working title) bigger Synapse. How's that?
    Miss Darcy means the name for the Daddy Synapse must be Transmitter or Neuron! He, he, ha!
    Lani likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0