• Ultraviolet Dyneema/Wasabi Dyneema

21 22.83%
  • Wasabi Dyneema/Wasabi Dyneema

25 27.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Vote: colors for the new Side Effect without waist strap

I'm hoping the new bag comes out before my trip to Scotland this early summer! I'd love to take one along to use! So far my color choice (navy/UV) doesn't seem to be gathering a whole lot of attention, but I'm sure I'll find something I like!

Black/wasabi

I would love an Iberian-on-the-outside Side Effect...it would be my new ballpark bag! (as red and white are my team's colors)

Aubergine/Steel
    Navy/Nordic

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
    I would love an Iberian-on-the-outside Side Effect...it would be my new ballpark bag! (as red and white are my team's colors)
    Get an iberian 3D organizer cube. A little smaller than the Side Effect but when you put a handle loop on it, it is the perfect size clutch. I'm in LOVE with mine!

I already use a (Indigo) SE for a ballpark bag, and I like being able to switch between the shoulder strap and the waist strap--when I'm jumping around in the ballpark, the waist strap is great. But I'd reallllly love one in Iberian.

Any more news? This is top on my must buy list.

Me too (but it is not alone on the list).
    --------------------------------

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    Any more news? This is top on my must buy list.
    No real news yet, but there should be some soon... think a couple weeks, not days.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

By the way I wouldn't mind more options for the REGULAR Side Effect, either. Like um... DYNEEMA?!?!?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    By the way I wouldn't mind more options for the REGULAR Side Effect, either. Like um... DYNEEMA?!?!?
    At this point, I don't think we'll make the "regular" Side Effect again. The new version will replace it entirely.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    At this point, I don't think we'll make the "regular" Side Effect again. The new version will replace it entirely.
    Oh my lord! Thanks for the heads-up!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Sometimes those earlier versions of products are pretty great. I use my shop bag (?) all the time in addition to the new stuffable ones. This one looks like the small knitting bag but is simpler.

I don't use the waist option on my side effect so the new one will be perfect for me but not for people who use it as a waist pouch.
    Last edited by mrae; 03-14-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Wait ... I know I saw something about the new side effect awhile back (can't find it again?!) So the new side effect will not have waist straps at all? Hmmmmmm.... I see the "regular" side effect in black is on backorder until April - is that right? This has been on my want list for awhile (with the waist straps) - If I order the black one now, will it come with waist straps or not?!

Thanks!
    sue

Quote Originally Posted by photocat View Post
    Wait ... I know I saw something about the new side effect awhile back (can't find it again?!) So the new side effect will not have waist straps at all? Hmmmmmm.... I see the "regular" side effect in black is on backorder until April - is that right? This has been on my want list for awhile (with the waist straps) - If I order the black one now, will it come with waist straps or not?!

Thanks!
    sue
    The current Side Effect in Black is no longer available for backorder. The new Side Effect, which replaces the current Side Effect, (which might ship around the end of April) will have a removable waist strap -- best of both worlds, we thought.
    zutphen likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0