Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Moloko
  • 1 Post By jannilee
  • 1 Post By Miking
  • 2 Post By Moloko

Thread: Newbie from Canada

Wink Newbie from Canada

Hi there,

It's funny how one thing leads to another....
    In anticipation to my 2 month trip to Asia next month, I've been in the market for a new carry-on bag that will last me...well, hopefully forever!

So, like all self-educated shoppers....my internet search began.
    And through an exhaustive search through all kinds of brands, shapes, prices, opinions, reviews, and pictures....the name or Tom Bihn kept being mentioned as a quality maker of luggage and bags.
    So, through an exhaustive search through all kinds of shapes, prices, opinions, reviews and pictures on the Tom Bihn website, I finally came to conclusion that I must have one!!

So today, I just put an order for a Cardinal Red Tom Bihn Aeronaut. And I've never been more confident that I will get a quality piece of workmanship (I should be confident, right?).

Anyway, now I have to play the waiting game. Please Hurry!!

Thank you for your time.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Hello fellow Canadian,

Welcome to the forums. I think you'll be very pleased with your first (though probably not last) Tom Bihn purchase - hope you'll share pictures when you return from your trip! The Cardinal Red Aeronaut sounds gorgeous...
    Aeronaut 45; Synapse 19; Co-Pilot; PCBP & other packing cubes; Swift; 2 x Little Swifts; Side Effect; 5 Shop Bags; Small Cafe Bag; 6 Travel Trays; 4 Clear Quarter Packing Cubes; Cache ; Guardian Lights; 3 x 3D Clear Organizer Cubes; 3 x 3D All-Fabric Organizer Cubes; 4 Yarn Stuff Sacks; 8 Clear Organizer Wallets; many, many pouches; Cafe Messenger Stabilizer.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    You won't regret it. I've two Aeronauts and love them both. I have my aunt and uncle coming over from BC to stay with me in Spain next moth and am hoping to do a return trip to see your fine country either later this year or next.

Eric

Welcome aboard Eh!

You are going to love it, I have a pile of bags, some of them costing twice as much as the Aeronaut and it's the first one I would describe as more than just "adequate" It's design and level of finish are second to none, it's workmanship far exceeding its utilitarian purpose and naturally the cardinal red will look good with the standard issue Canadian flag patch although I can't bring myself to perforate the flawless fabric so I may have to go get a luggage tag!

They also have stick on can flag patches that seem to last pretty well. Gee now that there are two of us in Calgary we might even have a Tom Bihn sighting experience!
    Miking likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    They also have stick on can flag patches that seem to last pretty well. Gee now that there are two of us in Calgary we might even have a Tom Bihn sighting experience!
    It's quite possible, I know my way around Calgary International better than I know my way to my hall bathroom so be on the lookout for the black aeronaut with red zipper pulls. Speaking of Calgary International, I don't know if it is just me but whenever I meet someone there they always tell me to meet them by the horse statue... WHICH ONE?!? (almost every single piece of art in YYC is equestrian related) oh you know the one by the Tim Horton's next to the escalator.... Still not narrowing this down. *slams head against wall*

One of my two TB sightings was at security on the international side at YYC. Had a chat with the owner of a Checkpoint Flyer, who bemoaned the fact that CATSA hadn't signed on to the checkpoint friendly laptop bag standard, so he had to take his laptop out when leaving the country. That was two years ago - I don't know if anything has changed since.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Another fellow Canadian! Welcome Moloko. While I don't have an Aeronaut, I have several TB bags and many accessories and I love them all. These products are second to none.
    Black/Iberian TS, Steel/Steel Synapse, Black/Wasabi LCB, Linen/Steel MCB, Plum/Wasabi SCB, SE, Absolute strap, TT, small YSS, small TSS, Clear organizer wallets (Plum & hemp), TS packing cubes (L, M, S), PCSB, PCSB, Cork OPs, Dyneema OPs in Steel , UV , Iberian , and Solar , Cordura OPs in Plum and Azalea, Plum clear OP, Padded OP, think I'm running out of room here!

Thanks to all for the welcome. I've been a part of and chatted on a lot of forums, but I can honestly say this is one of the better and most passionate forums I've had the privilege on being a part of.

In any case...I think my TB addiction has started.

After ordering my Aeronaut (which was already shipped and will be arriving this Tuesday!), I want to compliment that bag with a backpack that I can use for travel and for work. So I will be ordering a TB Smart Alec (Black/Steel/Steel) tomorrow. I know, I know...I should've ordered both at the same time and save on shipping. But I guess it's the price I have to pay for not going through ALL the bags the TB website has to offer.

The waiting continues.....
    Lara and Miking like this.