• 4 Post By gonty
  • 1 Post By davys
  • 1 Post By Miking
  • 1 Post By GuyB
  • 2 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By falconea

Thread: Nordic accessories?

Nordic accessories?

What are the odds of things like organizer pouches or the 3D organizer cube ever being made in the 400D Nordic Dyneema. I absolutely love the colour, but can't see myself using it is an external bag colour.

As it stands I'm tempted to grab a shop bag which I wouldn't otherwise buy, just to have some Nordic! Another case of Bihn inspired madness.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by gonty View Post
    What are the odds of things like organizer pouches or the 3D organizer cube ever being made in the 400D Nordic Dyneema. I absolutely love the colour, but can't see myself using it is an external bag colour.

As it stands I'm tempted to grab a shop bag which I wouldn't otherwise buy, just to have some Nordic! Another case of Bihn inspired madness.

Jonathan
    LOL...'Bihn inspired madness'. What a very apt phrase...I've been fighting (successfully -so far!) the desire to purchase both an ID and Synapse for several months now. I don't need either of them dammit, but I want them.

I fear that the new sized Synapse will tip me over the edge big style - larger Synapse, ID and a host of pouches and cubes will be the result.

Bihn inspired madness indeed, my friend.
    Lara likes this.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    You can't have too many accessories! I've got about two dozen assorted pouches, at least a dozen key straps, 7 packing cubes, 4 absolute straps and a wasabi shop bag... so far!

I agree that you can't have too many accessories, I'd just love some of them to be Nordic. Unfortunately the shop bag is a beautifult bit of kit, but at $30-$35 would for me replace one of a number of bags that cost between $0-$10 and it doesn't pack down as small.

But it's available in Nordic, and that may be enough for me.

Jonathan

Jonathan
    I agree with the Tom Bihn inspired madness, I was thinking of purchasing a larger SLR camera setup to use with the Camera I/O, I repeat... I want to buy expensive camera equipment to justify a bag I don't yet own... Maybe there's a special wing of a psytriatric hospital somewhere where people are arguing the benefits of 400D dyneema vs ballistic nylon.
    dorayme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    You can't have too many accessories! I've got about two dozen assorted pouches, at least a dozen key straps, 7 packing cubes, 4 absolute straps and a wasabi shop bag... so far!
    Oh and I forgot about all the stuff sacks! Silly me

Perhaps we should all join BA (Bihnaholics Anonymous)...thou so far my bihn addiction has been reasonably controlled (only one bag and a generous splash of accessories) though i recently "test bought" a cornucopia of 3d pouches, stuff sacks and various other "essential" items even though i dont really need them and they cost a steep $65 to ship to sydney...still tempted thou! ARRGH!!

That's half the thing! It's 'only' $45 to ship to the UK, but there's no way you'd place a $20 order, so you throw in one of them and a couple of those and a handful of that... and so it goes! Still, I always feel I need something else

I'm having that problem right now. I (probably) plan to order a co-pilot. But $65 shipping to Aus means I really should buy more to "make it worthwhile". Before I know it I'm up to a $250 order plus shipping. And that was being careful and not ordering everything I want.

Jonathan

I'm having that problem right now. I (probably) plan to order a co-pilot. But $65 shipping to Aus means I really should buy more to "make it worthwhile". Before I know it I'm up to a $250 order plus shipping. And that was being careful and not ordering everything I want.

Jonathan
    What a shame you're not in Sydney. We could combine orders and save :-)
    gonty likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    What are the odds of things like organizer pouches or the 3D organizer cube ever being made in the 400D Nordic Dyneema.
    It's very unlikely. 400d is really designed to be an exterior fabric: it's slightly heavier and more abrasion-resistant than the 200d Dyneema/nylon. Though we agree 100% that Nordic is an amazing color, it's not very practical to make small accessories or interior bags out of it. Maybe someday we'll do a 200d Dyneema/nylon in a shade of blue...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I've just done my order, north of $800 to justify the shipping cost. GST kicks in at a total of A$1,000 so I keep my orders under that limit.

Still got some room in this order (and its delayed by a backorder) if anyone in Melbourne or Australia wanted less than about $120 worth of stuff....

Audrey

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    I've just done my order, north of $800 to justify the shipping cost. GST kicks in at a total of A$1,000 so I keep my orders under that limit.

Still got some room in this order (and its delayed by a backorder) if anyone in Melbourne or Australia wanted less than about $120 worth of stuff....

Audrey
    Audrey, I'll take you up on yr offer and have messaged u accordingly. Cheers, guy

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post

Audrey
    Impressive - I've not managed to exceed the $500 mark on a TB order yet (although it would be soooooo easy) ... working up to another (def more than $120 though...)
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Impressive - I've not managed to exceed the $500 mark on a TB order yet (although it would be soooooo easy)
    An Aeronaut, a Swift, 6 Shop Bags, and an assortment of packing cubes and stuff sacks gets expensive quick!

The order is all Dyneema, too. Lotsa Nordic. :+>

Audrey

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0