Like Tree15Likes
  • 12 Post By jujigatame
  • 2 Post By jujigatame
  • 1 Post By Moose

Thread: Hi from a soon-to-be Tom Bihn bag owner

Hi from a soon-to-be Tom Bihn bag owner

Hello to everyone at the Tom Bihn forums. I came to be here thanks to the combination of Tom Bihn and EDCForums. I had looked into TB bags for a few years after seeing someone mention them on EDCF. I was always impressed with the design and thoughtful nature of the features incorporated. The cost of the bags was a bit out of my range but I kept the thought of getting one on the shelf for some time in the future.

When Tom Bihn came to EDCF as a sponsor manufacturer this past November it was a great thing to see a company take part on the forums in such an active, positive and professional manner. When I asked a question about the possibility of being able to order plastic hardware separate from bags Darcy replied that such plans were in the works. Good news for a hardware junkie like me who had always wanted to get a hold of gatekeeper clips and triangle hooks.

Fast forward a few weeks when the parts page went up and I was there to place an order for clips, hooks, some key straps and a shoulder strap. The quality of the products and service from TB during my order did more to convince me that they were a company worth supporting and someday I really would need to get one of their bags. I'd have to keep saving those pennies.

In the meantime, a big giveaway had been up and running at EDCF. Items donated by members and sponsors were up for grabs to anyone who entered and supported the forum with a certain level of paid membership. 161 prizes were available in total and one of them was a Brain Bag donated by Tom Bihn. The drawing was held on 2/1 and, incredibly, I was the winner of the Brain Bag. There was a lot of nice stuff but the Brain Bag was definitely one of the choice items. It is the best thing I've ever won in any kind of contest/raffle/what-have-you. I'm told the bag will be available in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to trying it and being a participating member of this forum.

I want to give a big, sincere thanks to Tom Bihn for their donation to the giveaway and their support of EDCForums. It's really nice to have the cross-pollination between the two communities and I think it will be beneficial for all involved.

Be seeing you...especially after my bag arrives.

What a cool story! You'll have to show us pictures of your new bag.

Congrats again my EDCF brother! And I can tell you right now, you're definitely going to be blown away by the quality of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by pocketsize View Post
    What a cool story! You'll have to show us pictures of your new bag.
    There will definitely be pictures. My camera battery is probably dreading the exertion already.

You will love the Brain Bag. Fair warning, it can and will get heavy, fast. It will hold all that and the kitchen sink. Pictures will be required, please.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Welcome to our happy little cult!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0