Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By BrianI
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 3 Post By drbobguy

Thread: Smart Label on Co-Pilot

Smart Label on Co-Pilot

I got my new Dyneema Co-Pilot on Monday, and noticed the attached, stitched on QRF in the right front pocket:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359573188.133874.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  257.3 KB
    This one just leads to the main Tom Bihn website. I was half-expecting it to bring up a Co-Pilot page, bag owner page, or the like.

I hadn't see one prior; thought it was interesting.

It is more than interesting, it is mighty smart.

It enables enthusiastic owners to link prospective buyers to Tom Bihn Inc goodness via smart portable devices!

I am sorry to inform prospective buyers that it won't free them from my lengthy speeches about said products.

The only thing that could work is" " sorry but I have to catch (use name of transportation device or person or place with closing hours here)."

Note that saying the you feel thirsty, hungry or tired will have the same effect because I have a heart and a compassionate spirit, just like my other fellow mammals.
    Last edited by backpack; 01-30-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Oooooo.....AAAAHhhhhhh! Pretty colors!

That is pretty cool. What I would prefer to see though is for TB to stitch Okoban serial numbers into their larger bags. It's a luggage tracking system, the only one that interfaces with the TSA database.

Bag manufacturers can be assigned a range of codes and then stitch those onto their bags, so that a customer can input their info in the online database. That way if you lose your bag a person can enter the serial number on the website and it will automatically message/email you.

Here is one that was built in to a bag at time of manufacture:

Name:  800px-Okoban_on_Luggage.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  76.7 KB

There are many proprietary such systems — I used one called trackitback that went out of business so my tags are now worthless. But the Okoban one is some kind of consortium of companies doing it and it interfaces with the airlines' own system, so it seems to be the best. An airline agent finding a lost bag presumably could look up your information on their own system, as opposed to other such systems which would require going to an external website (something most agents wouldn't do).

While any individual has access to the system for reporting found items, much of the time “frequent finders” such as TSA, airports, airlines, rail, maritime, coach, rental car and hotel companies are making these reports. Travel Sentry works with major "frequent finder” institutions through special accounts and access to Okoban via the WorldTracer system, which is used by virtually all airlines.
    Okoban is the only property registration system linked to the airline industry tracing system used by over 400 airline companies in over 2,000 airports worldwide. They are directly linked to the SITA/IATA World Tracer system. WorldTracer is the world’s leading automated service for tracing lost and mishandled baggage and property. (link)
    See here:

Okoban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by drbobguy; 01-31-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0