Thread: 13" Macbook!

13" Macbook!

So, I'll be the first to ask (at least on here...) - what bags will fit the new 13" MacBook announced today?

From http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html :
    Height: 1.08 inches (2.75 cm)
    Width: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
    Depth: 8.92 inches (22.7 cm)

I'm particularly curious about whether this will fit in the laptop compartment of the Buzz. It's over an inch wider than the 11.5" figure listed on the Buzz page, but I'm hoping that it might still be doable...

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    I'm particularly curious about whether this will fit in the laptop compartment of the Buzz.
    Me too! Any chance we'll see a Buzz retrofit in the very near future?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We'll post news soon! Are you guys going to get MacBooks? I'm going to go see one at the Apple store today.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    We'll post news soon! Are you guys going to get MacBooks? I'm going to go see one at the Apple store today.
    You think they'll be there? My local Apple store never has anything the day it's announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    Are you guys going to get MacBooks?
    Believe it or not, the timing of my upgrade will be influenced by the availability of a Tom Bihn bag ;-)

My wife Elaine (I talked her into one of the Hunter Aeronauts a few weeks back, and she's loving it, by the way!) will be getting one for grad school starting in the Fall, and she REALLY wants a Buzz to put it in.

I'm about to start a new day gig, and they're buying me a maxed out MacBook Pro 17"... I can't wait! I've been itching to make the switch since I first saw OS X, and now it's finally time!

The Apple Store in Seattle has the new MacBooks today...I called to confirm. I was a bit surprised.

People often ask for a Buzz to fit 15" laptops but making a Buzz that big would really alter the look of the bag. Maybe making a Buzz to fit 13" laptops is more realistic.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Yikes, the 13" MacBook is only a teeny bit smaller than my current 14" HP Pavilion. Otherwise, I'd have already ordered it by now. LOL. Well, with any luck if I do get the MacBook, I'll be able to tote both it and my HP around using the same Tom Bihn bag! Well, not at the same time, but you know what I mean.

I guess we can say goodbye to the 12" standard, eh?

None of the current sizes of Brain Cell or Soft Cell are that great of a fit for the 13" MacBook, so we're going to make a brand-new size specifically built for the Macbook: The Size 6.

More news tomorrow. Will the MacBook fit in the Buzz? Maybe! We'll keep you updated.

Will this new brain cell fit in the imago?

thanks for the quick update on this question! I love TB

Everything you wanted to know about bags for the new 13" MacBook. Well, almost. We don't know yet if it will fit in the Imago, but we're working on that.

Well then let me ask please, please, pretty please with sugar on top for you guys to release a modified version of the Buzz that can handle the 13" Macbook. You know, when you get around to it.

Thanks for all your hard work!

WALLA. (as we say in Israel)
    that was FAST.

Man!! I wish I didnt have to wait until the end of July for my Brain Cell. My MacBook is going around unprotected.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0