Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: I got a Smart Alec!!!!!

I got a Smart Alec!!!!!

I put a (redesigned) Smart Alec on my wish list, assuring my beloved it was just fine that it was a backordered color combination (for shipping in January). She apparently went ahead and ordered it, got a shipping notification, and received it in Seattle just one hour before we left for the airport for our Christmas in Minnesota! The black/black/wasabi combination still shows as backordered, so you folks at the Tom Bihn factory accomplished a Christmas miracle! So fun and awesome. I don't know how I got so lucky as to actually have the bag in hand and get to wear it, but I appreciate it SO MUCH!!! Yay for the great surprise!!

I also got a few other wasabi-colored gifts since she thought I wouldn't have the bag itself to open - doubly lucky me!

Darcy, I know it's just one bag, but please pass along my thanks to all the staff that had a hand in the making and delivery!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    That's awesome! I hope you guys had a great trip. I'll share your post with the crew... they worked extra hard to get as many backorders shipped as possible in time for Christmas delivery.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I ordered the same color combination for the Smart Alec, with the delivery date showing end of February. Last week I got a UPS notification my order had shipped! Outstanding!! The bag will be here just in time for some serious traveling. Thanks Tom Bihn employees!!

By the way, I am ordering my wife a Syanpse tonight

Happy Holidays!!

Me too!

I can't tell you how excited I was to get the UPS shipping notification! WOW. And while my new SA wasn't in time for Christmas, it is supposed to be here tomorrow (Thurs) and we leave Fri for our travels. Perfect timing! (And quite frankly, I don't mind "extending" Christmas surprises one bit!)

I echo tCook's thanks and amazement that something backordered until FEBRUARY shipped mid-December!

Please pass along my thanks to the entire TB Crew. You guys are INCREDIBLE!
    backpack and tCook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That's awesome! I hope you guys had a great trip. I'll share your post with the crew... they worked extra hard to get as many backorders shipped as possible in time for Christmas delivery.
    Their efforts are so very appreciated!

Amazing customer service. Ordered a Smart Alec on the 22nd due to ship in early January. Shipped on the 24th, crossed the atlantic and got delivered today. Must have done some time travel in order to arrive before it shipped. ;-) Thank you very much to the entire crew. I am once more impressed by the quality of your customer service (and the bags of course).

BTW: The Smart Alec in Steel Dyneema/Steel Dyneema/Wasabi looks gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    You must have one of the first off the line. I'm waiting for one in Nordic Dyneema/Steel Dyneema, but I was very tempted by the colour combination you went with. Do share some photos, please!
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Seconding lotuseater: hope you take lots of photos.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm a member over at the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum, where they have a saying about when you buy a new guitar: "if you don't post pictures, it didn't really happen."

So, your "gorgeous" new Smart Alec? I'll believe it when I see it!
    Darcy and kellie16 like this.

There you go. :-)
    Just a few quick shots as I am about to head out for the weekend.

Name:  TBSA_3.jpg
Views: 1590
Size:  358.3 KB
    Name:  TBSA_1.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  430.0 KB
    Name:  TBSA_2.jpg
Views: 1590
Size:  378.9 KB
    Name:  TBSA_4.jpg
Views: 1493
Size:  316.3 KB
    Name:  TBSA_5.jpg
Views: 1596
Size:  286.2 KB

love the photos! this is seriously making me want a Synapse in the Steel Dyneema/Wasabi Dyneema combo!!

Yes, I just ordered a Synapse in these colors last week. Now for the wait.

Sue

I just ordered my first Tom Bihn products a few days ago and my order shipped yesterday (Smart Alec and other items). Looking forward to joining the TB party! I have already caught a glimpse of their exceptional customer service.

Loving seeing the Steel Dyneema / Wasabi combo. Thanks for sharing that - I've been giving consideration to a TB bag in Dyneema as a visual / weight difference to justify adding one to the fleet. The Navy Dyneema / Steel combo is also nice, but that wasabi just pops.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    My new Aeronaut is steel Dyneema/wasabi Dyneema too, and it looks great! There'll be another video this week to show it off. But I'm hoping for Wasabi 400d Dyneema! I can't wait for a wasabi Dyneema Ristretto or a Synapse, maybe even an O-Synapse (to keep with the Japanese theme!). My credit card's waiting!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0