Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Video: Our Materials

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Lightbulb Video: Our Materials

You guys get the first look at our new video all about the materials we use. What do you think?

U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Very professionally made, well narrated. Thanks for the "virtual" tour of the factory floor and description of materials.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You guys get the first look at our new video all about the materials we use. What do you think?

Like! Like! Like! (excuse me, I'm on Tapatalk, and there's no "Like" button)

moriond
    Darcy and ncb4 like this.

It is very Tom Bihn Inc. Beauty, Strength, Uniqueness and Playfulness!

Great first class video!

Yes! Love it!

Fantastic video darcy. I'd actually never seen or heard Tom speak. Seeing this, you realise that the commitment and eye for detail that's obvious in everything TB makes...starts with the man himself...look forward to more!

Great video!!!... Please make more! Love to watch and hear more about the products, thoughts behind the designs of bags, etc.

Very very extraordinary!!! I just bought an expensive jacket, and the lining tore within a month. That wouldn't have happened from your company. I was intrigued by Tom's quest to know about all the items in his house. I record music for a living...that's how I got into that field. When I'd hear a sound, I wanted to know how it was made, and by what combination of instruments, and what chord structure. That's how you get good at something.
    I'm sure all of us are anxious to see what's next from the mind of Tom Bihn.
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

Well done! Knowing the stories behind objects, design, and materials is important to me, too! Furthermore, this video convinced me that I need a bag with a wasabi interior.

I really appreciate knowing the story behind the design and materials used in things that I want to own. Helps me understand the difference between "cheap" and "high quality", and helps me explain to others why these bags are so great.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    So glad you guys like the video. There's more on the way in 2013.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

That's a great video. Love the musical soundtrack; it sounds so inspiring.

Some friends of mine were complaining recently because the Cordura items they bought from Eagle Creek and Patagonia years ago were all becoming useless because the inside of the fabric was getting totally gummy and tacky. Guess it's supposed to provide some water resistance but with time--even hidden in the dark in a closet--they started breaking down... so they can't pack anything in the bags anymore.

So I told them about Tom Bihn bags and how the interior is lined with Dyneema, and I've really piqued their interest.

Thanks for posting this video, because now I have something I can point them to, to show them what I was talking about!
    Last edited by Lani; 12-18-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: "how," not "now." How now brown cow?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Great video! Tom Bihn Bags are the best and the only ones we use when travelling. Hope to see more videos of bags in action.
    Lani likes this.

You know what I like about these videos, besides getting to see all the fabric? Getting to "meet" Tom--to get to hear him talk about his products. Very nice!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    That's a great video. Love the musical soundtrack; it sounds so inspiring.

Some friends of mine were complaining recently because the Cordura items they bought from Eagle Creek and Patagonia years ago were all becoming useless because the inside of the fabric was getting totally gummy and tacky. Guess it's supposed to provide some water resistance but with time--even hidden in the dark in a closet--they started breaking down... so they can't pack anything in the bags anymore.

So I told them about Tom Bihn bags and how the interior is lined with Dyneema, and I've really piqued their interest.

Thanks for posting this video, because now I have something I can point them to, to show them what I was talking about!
    Unlike beautiful, soft, slick and fashionable Dyneema, offered in yummy colors by Tom Bihn,
    the gummy and tacky stuff is true for most brand.

It is so yucky and infuriating as is sticks on items and feel disagreeable that most items that have been donated to non-profit. They can be used to carry food in bags or tins.
    They are still good for something, one such item I use to carry 1 pound sacks of potatoes.

Last time I went for a big pantry replenishing shopping, the nice clerk put the potatoes sack inside my UV Shop Bag, I gasped while I unpacked it.

Shop Bag are tough but they are usually reserved for lightweight vegetables.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-18-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0