Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By gochicken
  • 3 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 5 Post By backpack
  • 2 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By tbessie
  • 5 Post By Darcy
  • 4 Post By dorayme

Thread: Great Video on the Blog: Our company, UPS, and sustainability

Great Video on the Blog: Our company, UPS, and sustainability

I really enjoyed this video about how the decision to use UPS to provide shipping fits into the overall mission of Tom Bihn to provide great quality products in as environmentally friendly a way as possible. I don't think I've ever "seen" him talk before! The shots of the factory and the Seattle area were really nice. I can't wait to visit there..... someday!
    dorayme likes this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    I really enjoyed this video about how the decision to use UPS to provide shipping fits into the overall mission of Tom Bihn to provide great quality products in as environmentally friendly a way as possible. I don't think I've ever "seen" him talk before! The shots of the factory and the Seattle area were really nice. I can't wait to visit there..... someday!
    I really liked this, too, and I enjoyed reading the interview below the video.

moriond

Clicking on the blog's video link leads me to a Washington Post page and I haven't been able to find the video link. Am I missing something obvious?!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Clicking on the blog's video link leads me to a Washington Post page and I haven't been able to find the video link. Am I missing something obvious?!
    It is kinda confusing. If you follow the link (which does go to a Washington Post page) there's a video right there on that main page that will automatically start playing. We don't have a direct link to the video (it must be played by going to that url) otherwise I'd give it to you!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

This is a Washington Post cyber ad section.

UPS Logistics - The Washington Post

Tom Bihn Inc is the showcased sustainable business. This is the interview in print. If Flash and Java are enabled, you can see the interview.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-adv...practices.html

May I add how much I love the Crew, even more, and, next time I visit, nobody will be exempt of big hugs.

Thank you for helping save the planet! <3

I've never heard Tom's voice before. It's quite "executive" if I may add Nice commercial.

Tom is a genuine human being who is also a great designer as well as a nature and animal lover.

Dogs know!

http://www.tombihn.com/blogimages/tomandpatchesblog.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Tom is a genuine human...
    Actually, I happen to know that Tom is constructed of plastic and Made In China.

- Tim
    Darcy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    Actually, I happen to know that Tom is constructed of plastic and Made In China.

- Tim
    In this context, it's curious that folks speak of China as though it were synonymous with lower quality or a lack of QA/QC, but dare I insult the seamstresses that work at Tom Bihn who have roots in the far east... and whether the sewing is done in USA or China, it doesn’t bother me as long as the product endures the test of rigorous use and time.

Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post

- Tim
    Oh My! So the factory is The Enterprise after all!

Well... except for the made in China part.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We now have a direct link for the video!

Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Wait a minute, is Tom wearing a midnight Dyneema shirt?
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Thanks for posting the direct link! I was trying forever to get to the video on the ups site but I always got an error. It's great to see the owner of a company talk about where his priorities lie.
    "It's dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0