Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New Color Option for Smart Alec..?

New Color Option for Smart Alec..?

Is the combination of Black/Navy/Iberian for Smart Alec new? I don't seem to recall seeing it earlier on. If not, I'd love to see a photo of it if anyone's a proud owner!

I wasn't planning on getting a Smart Alec for a little while until I saw the black/black/wasabi option. Guess I will be ordering one before Monday and then trying to wait patiently for a few months!

I also have been waiting for the return of the black/black/wasabi SA option....but Black/Navy/Iberian too?!! Eeek! Navy/iberian is my fave combo....What to do?! And, of course, I must decide before Monday

Happy Thanksgiving to me

Volunteer Moderator
    You could probably place an order for the Smart Alec but leave yourself the option to change your mind about the color. I don't suppose they plan to add Black/Aubergine/Wasabi in the near future

moriond
    mifcnm likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    You could probably place an order for the Smart Alec but leave yourself the option to change your mind about the color. I don't suppose they plan to add Black/Aubergine/Wasabi in the near future …

moriond
    Time to refresh the Smart Alec page...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Triple EEEEEEEP! Black/black/wasabi, Black/navy/iberian....now Black/aubergine/wasabi?!!!!! Super yikes! I never ever dreamed there would even be a SA option of black/navy or black/aubergine....What to do?!! A wonderful "problem" to be sure And with the plum brain bag too....

FYI: the only other new Smart Alec color combinations we expect to debut within the next few months are Nordic and Steel 400d Dyneema.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    @Darcy since we're all currently obsessing about the new Smart Alec redesign and color options, can you explain about the Glowire Kit link in the middle do the product description page? I'm guessing that you just use these as reflective strips woven through the loops that bracket the Ballistic nylon section of the Smart Alec, and that you don't actually buy and carry a driver in your bag to power these, Got any pictures of one of these in use?

moriond

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Black Aubergine Wasabi, A SA may be in my future!
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Oh my!!! Black/aubergine/wasabi?? And black/navy/Iberian was already sounding so good! I've been hoping the aubergine/wasabi would appear for the backpacks ever since its debut!! This just totally made my day!

Darcy, can we expect the black/aubergine/wasabi to ship by Feb like the other color combos that are currently not in stock at the moment?

Well, I ordered my SA in black/black/wasabi last night - it was a hard choice between that and the black/steel/steel. I can't wait to test it out for a biology conference in March! (Wish I could use it for a Christmas trip, but I guess I have to be patient.)

Quote Originally Posted by voltzer View Post
    Darcy, can we expect the black/aubergine/wasabi to ship by Feb like the other color combos that are currently not in stock at the moment?
    Yes! Late February for Black/Aubergine/Wasabi.

Thanks, Darcy! Love the Black/Aubergine/Wasabi combo. Likely to be on my next order!...

I'll be posting photos of the new colors of Smart Alec by the end of next week. Stay tuned!
    dorayme and davys like this.

New photos of the Smart Alec are up, including photos of new colors Black/Navy/Iberian and Black/Aubergine/Wasabi. See them here.

Name:  smartaleciberiannavy.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  101.6 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0