• 2 Post By JLE
  • 2 Post By teresapoet
  • 1 Post By backpack
  • 8 Post By bunchgrass
  • 7 Post By Lani
  • 1 Post By Kinsale
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By Lani

Thread: Small Cafe Bag in Dyneema--SQUEEEEEE!!!

Small Cafe Bag in Dyneema--SQUEEEEEE!!!

Could it be true? Was it a mirage?

No! It was true!

You can buy the Small Cafe Bag in Dyneema now!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

Small Cafe Bag in 400d Dyneema®/420d nylon ripstop - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

JLE
    Interesting! Can we assume a 20% weight reduction in comparison wiht the Cordura version, I wonder?

I also wonder if we might see the MCB in Nylon/dyneema before too long?
    Lani and tymar1976 like this.

I'm wondering if we might see cafe bags with a Cordura exterior and a Dyneema interior, as I'm not quite sold on the look of Dyneema as an exterior fabric. I would buy a Black/Ultraviolet or Navy/Ultraviolet MCB or SCB immediately!

I was thinking about instances of ultra light packing and wondered which of my Small Cafe Bag was going to make the cut as a "Packing Cube then be a purse when the Synapse would not cut it.

Formal entertainment and dining come to mind.

I was kind of worried about the weight and thought about substituting the Co-Pilot but it makes no sense to carry both a Co-Pilot and a Synapse, yet I really really like to have a Cafe Bag as an holder of grab fast items.

Today was all scheduled for Hannuka list fulfilment but I have felt yukky for the past 2 days.

So no checking of the forum and rest.

And now....

Oh my goodness!

I was wondering how I would choose between my Strom and Azalea Small Cafe Bag to match blue, purple and pink clothes, now I don't have to!

Yipeeeeeeeeeee!

Going to be so I can order tomorrow bright and early!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Last edited by backpack; 11-20-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teresapoet View Post
    I'm wondering if we might see cafe bags with a Cordura exterior and a Dyneema interior, as I'm not quite sold on the look of Dyneema as an exterior fabric.
    Seconding teresapoet's comment, I hope that Tom Bihn keeps making bags with ballistic and cordura exteriors. I, too, am not completely sold on the look of Dyneema as an exterior fabric for my "professional" bags.

The Travel Dyneema has been created for light carryon travel.

Some people only want to carry on and for good reason.

On a blog, I read the tale of a traveler whose check in bag was lost for many days and found himself forced to buy brand new clothes in Paris, at considerable expense.
    Finding a new clothes would have been a much bigger problem for a person of size because East Asian and European countries are populated with mostly medium to petite size people.

Carry on only has become a really big challenge in view of some airlines not only restricting the size but the weight of carry on luggage.

In that case, every gram or ounce counts.

Taking into consideration the weigh of the carry on/personal items (Brain Bag/LCB) I brought on my visit to Tom Bihn Inc last year, I decided that it was time to do lots of packing homework. Tom approximated the weight of my carry on and personal item, it was hefty.

I used Lani and Frank II packing advice but found I came up short of the stringent weight carry on requirement, I am not petite and travelling in rainy and/or cold places is especially challenging due to the added weight of layers.

I cannot shrink the size of my garments and do not want to spend vacation time freezing and thus get sick.

I concluded that the weight of the Travel Bags (Aeronaute, TriStar, Western Flyer was, itself, significant and wished there was a way to get it down.

Tom and the Crew have found a way, I am beyond pleased.
    Lani likes this.

My Nordic dyneema SCB was delivered Tuesday. I love this "little" bag and I'm amazed at what I can fit in it.

Name:  scb contents horiz nov 12.JPG
Views: 1328
Size:  115.8 KB

Name:  SCB contents nov 12.JPG
Views: 1446
Size:  129.5 KB
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-27-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: correct day

I'm always very happy with the customer service at Tom Bihn, but once in a while, something happens that just gets me SO jazzed.

My Nordic Dyneema Western Flyer arrived yesterday, in time for me to take it on my trip to Vegas this weekend. But when I looked at the Tom Bihn blog feed yesterday, what did I discover? Nordic Dyneema Small Cafe Bags--a matchy-matchy purse to my Western Flyer! Would it be possible for me to get my hands on one before this weekend? I fly on Thursday, Thanksgiving, and they don't deliver on a holiday!

I made the order and splurged on overnight shipping. But later that afternoon, I noticed I'd actually missed their "please order by 12:30 for us to process your order that day" information. A quick tweet to Darcy... and she personally followed up to make sure the shipment would get out in time. I mean... she personally made sure the box got dropped off with the UPS!!!

I am now the very happy owner of a Nordic Dyneema SCB, but more than that, I am just SO amazed at the out-of-this-world customer service I got. Just amazing!!

Here I am, with my brand new SCB!!! I'll post a photo of the SCB with the WF from my trip this weekend as well.

Name:  8207424012_4956f328d0.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  96.5 KB

PS: That is my ceramic guard duck who stands watch outside my cubicle at work.
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Lani you are gorgeous and the Nordic Dyneema Small Cafe Bag is very stylish!

Have a great trip!

Lani and bunchgrass pictures illustrate how Tom Bihn Bags change colors with the light. I had to read and look up the post twice to confirm that Lani's was indeed a Nordic Small Cafe Bag.

That bag looks very nice but I'm in the group that would prefer a solid exterior with a dyneema interior. However, the idea of the SCB bag doing double duty as a packing cube sounds like something I could take advantage of when I'm traveling lite with my TriStar. I also like the idea in B's photo above of using a stuff bag hooked and hanging outside. That would really help when I over-shop duty free at the airport, or even for holding a snack for the plane ride. Great idea!

Lani, thanks for sharing! Your new SCB looks lovely, I'm looking forward to the "set" photos paired with your WF. I hope your trip is awesome, Happy Thanksgiving!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

If Tom and the Crew decide to make Cordura exterior and a Dyneema interior Cafe Bags, I am not going to stop them.

I might even be able to get some of those bags, provided they come in a color and size I don't already own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsale View Post
    That bag looks very nice but I'm in the group that would prefer a solid exterior with a dyneema interior.
    One of my DIY projects was to color in all of the white threads in a steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. It took a while and I did it while watching TV. Heh.
    Hollie likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0