Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Early heads-up: Tom has updated the design of the Smart Alec

Hi Darcy, is there a pic of the SA in Black/Aubergine/wasabi? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Here you go..........
    I have never really cared for the shape and look of the Smart Alec, but for some reason the nordic dyneema version actually appeals to me. But the real question I have is this: Does this mean there's a chance for a nordic dyneema Brain Bag in the near future?

I literally gasped when I saw the SA in Nordic photo. Nordic is a very photogenic colour!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Oh WOW Darcy, I didn't think the Nordic SA would be ALL Nordic. I love it! Now I'm torn between Aubergine and Nordic. I love my Dyneema Synapse so much it's really giving me pause.
    backpack and Lani like this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    I literally gasped when I saw the SA in Nordic photo. Nordic is a very photogenic colour!
    Me:

"Oh wowwwwww!"

I think this is a sneaky plan. We all buy the bags in one fabric, then they introduce it in another fabric that we just HAVE to have!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I held out for 10 hours before the lure of nordic dyneema had me reaching for my credit card. And I'm not sure if I'm even a backpack kind of person, outside of the backcountry.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Here you go..........

Attachment 3003
    Oh Darcy! You are killing us! Oh, and like lotuseater, I'm also wondering if there is a chance of Iberian lining with these new Dyneema bags? Just checked the SA page to see that you are offering it with the wasabi interior. Making these choices hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Me:

"Oh wowwwwww!"

I think this is a sneaky plan. We all buy the bags in one fabric, then they introduce it in another fabric that we just HAVE to have!!
    Yes! My experience exactly.

Interesting updates. I really like the idea of a grab handle. I love my Smart Alec! I carry it to work everyday. I use the Brain Bag and Aeronaut for travel but the Smart Alec is perfect for getting around town!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuseater View Post
    Buried in my post last night, Darcy - what is the chance of iberian dyneema interior on either bag, and are the weight savings in the same order of magnitude as you've mentioned on other bags (~20%)?
    On Iberian interior: maybe, but not in this next batch.

On weights: we're weighing the bags now and will post the weights soon!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    Hi Darcy, is there a pic of the SA in Black/Aubergine/wasabi? Thanks!
    Not yet. Because we haven't made that color combination before, we have to wait until the factory crew actually finishes one to take a photo. Should be soon!
    dorayme likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Wow! I've never wanted anything but my sapphire Brain Bag, but that Nordic Dyneema SA is definitely making me think again! I love the new features on this backpack!

On Iberian interior: maybe, but not in this next batch.

On weights: we're weighing the bags now and will post the weights soon!
    Thanks, Darcy. The photo of Nordic / Steel already tipped me over the edge and I decided not to wait for the possibility of Steel / Iberian in a future batch. I look forward to receiving the shipping notification in the new year.
    Enlightened traveller since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    But the real question I have is this: Does this mean there's a chance for a nordic dyneema Brain Bag in the near future?
    Maybe. We're still deciding that.

I vote for the Brain Bag in dyneema. Iberian lining will be awesome. Happy holidays, everyone!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0