Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Early heads-up: Tom has updated the design of the Smart Alec

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    This photo has prodded me to ask what might be a really silly question: what was the original purpose of lower webbing inside the Smart Alec? Is that for the smaller horizontal brain cells that fit in the bag?
    Not silly at all, and you're exactly right: it's there so that certain smaller/shorter sizes of Brain Cell can clip in.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Mine should be here Thursday... can't wait. ordered the upper modular pocket as well. From what I understand, I got the LAST Black/Forest color available for sale. Yesssss.... expect pics.

Photo from a hike this weekend. It's awesome to be able to strap snowshoes to the front of the Smart Alec.

Name:  smartshoe2.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  93.8 KB
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Photo requests for Darcy, TB crew, or anyone in the wild with the necessary equipment:

1) All dyneema version of the upper modular pocket, by itself or on a Smart Alec of any fabric or color. Either steel or nordic dyneema is fine for the modular pocket.
    2) Same as #1 but the lower modular pocket.
    3) For a really specific pair of requests: Nordic Smart Alec with at least one of the modular pockets in steel and then with one of the pockets in Nordic.

I'm on the verge of ordering a Smart Alec or Synapse 25, and I'm leaning toward SA with modular pockets, but I want to see what the dyneema ones look like. Sight unseen, I think I'd go nordic for the backpack and steel dyneema for the modular pockets, but informed decisions are always better than uninformed ones!

SA with Nordic dyneema upper pocket.

Name:  SA with nordic upper pocket.JPG
Views: 532
Size:  131.1 KB

New Smart Alec video:

WOW, what a great video! If a backpack could ever be elevated to Rock Star status, it would be the Smart Alec!

Well done, Tom Bihn crew!

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Another great video!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0