Smaller size Aeronaut (or similar)?

TB team and Friends

Is there a bag in the TB line (current or previous), similar to the Aeronaut in design but a “notch” smaller (one major compartment “duffel” style )?.

An Aeronaut size 16-18” x 12-14” x 9

The WF or TS will not fit as the design is of a briefcase and I’m looking for a duffle (GYM and sport usage).

And the multi carry design of the Aeronaut is a must.

Or maybe there will be a smaller size Aeronaut? Who knows? Darcy? :-)

Tnx

T.

I agree totally. I would love to buy a smaller Aeronaut!!!

Maybe a modification on the Aeronaut that is identical the current model, but it only has one side pocket instead of both? That way all the organizer pouches and everything will still fit and won't need to be resized. And it will be much easier for us shorter... erm... vertically challenged... people to carry!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Tzachi View Post
    The WF or TS will not fit as the design is of a briefcase and I’m looking for a duffle (GYM and sport usage).
    By the way for a gym/sports usage type bag, I'm hoping to eventually see these:

- Packing Cube "Messenger" Bag, designed identically to the simple Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, but the same size as the (Tri-Star/Western Flyer) Packing Cube Backpack. Does not need the typical bicycle messenger bag front flap. Just a means to carry as a larger shoulder bag. This would be so awesome it would be beyond description.

- A larger Co-Pilot (called the "Pilot" maybe?). This could be a very nice simple briefcase/duffel.

I love the shop bags but I don't use them as gym bags because they don't have a way to zip up the top. And I carry enough small things in there that I really need it to be able to zip up.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Am I going mad or was there at one point a smaller version of something like the Aeronaut called the Breve?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    Am I going mad or was there at one point a smaller version of something like the Aeronaut called the Breve?
    The Breve was an iPad case with a carrying strap. I don't think there was ever a scaled-down Aeronaut, but I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm misremembering.

I think I remember there being an Aeronaut Breve for shorter people. I, of course, did not get it and kick myself on a regular basis for that oversight.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec.

There are several historic posts on the forum about the Aeronaut Breve - I did try to post a link but it hasn't shown up...

What isn't clear is whether the Aeronaut Breve was a smaller Aeronaut, or just an Aeronaut with different strap positioning to suit smaller people. I did come across one post by Darcy stating that she's fairly short and had no problem with a standard Aeronaut, so TB decided to discontinue the Breve version. I think that was from around 2006...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    What isn't clear is whether the Aeronaut Breve was a smaller Aeronaut, or just an Aeronaut with different strap positioning to suit smaller people.
    Your second guess is right: the Aeronaut Breve had slightly different straps designed to suit us shorter folks. However, as best I recall, we found that the Aeronaut and Aeronaut Breve were pretty much equally as comfortable for people of all heights, so we decided not to offer the Aeronaut Breve any longer.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0