Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 2013 TB Wish List

Yep, that's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by tdivcr View Post
    Rory, see my earlier post (12/13/12: tdivcr) regarding something similar. I'd like to see this "document cube" with Annex clips to attach either vertically (Brain Bag, Smart Alec) or horizontally (Empire Builder, et. al.). I did a rough, er, very rough, sketch of the design and sent it to the TB folks.
    I saw that and would like that approach as well.

I actually have two of the items Rory mentionned, they were used before I got TB bags and Large Organizer Pouches.

They are very handy to archive documents from hefty subjects.

For EDC of paperwork, the Large Organizer Pouch is sufficient, it can be stiffened and divided by adding a poly folder inside.

I would love to see a Large Clear Quarter Pouch or Large 3D Pouch. it would be for people in the law or in politics.

I just thought about another great use: classroom notes, so please Tom, consider the number of academics on the forum and in your customer list as well as people, like myself who are still dual thinkers and need analogue as well as digital brain helpers!
    Last edited by backpack; 04-11-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Rory likes this.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I don't need the Camera I/O, and though I think it's great for those that do. I need a hybrid padded Travel Tray. Padded on the bottom and sides for the lower half, Dyneema on the upper half with drawstring. The same design as the current TT where the upper half folds down to make a semi rigid bowl. My camera needs some padding in my co-pilot and this would be perfect!
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Ditto on the Large clear 3D for paperwork
    My Wish: A plain Ole duffel bag! I prefer to use 2 bags for carryon, a small backpack, like the Synapse 19 and a duffle with a shoulder strap,, that I can pick up and set down as I move through the lines. I like the idea of the Aeronaut but I'm short and the 14" width would slap me in the legs when I carry it with the shoulder strap

Perfect Bag: 22 L x 11 w x 12 T, with a u-shaped opening (Like the BADBags #3) But Bihn would make it so that the shoulder strap attaches to the top ends of the bag---BADBags attaches to the side, so the dirty bottom of the bags rubs against you and its round....sacrifices precious square inches. RedOxx Sunchaser (close) has big protruding pockets on the side. I'd be happy with one large opening, but if there was one end pocket for shoes and an outside slip pocket for boarding pass, it could be used as a gym bag, too. I might even sacrifice a few inches overall so it is more useful for the gym baggers but the end of the bag must stay square shaped NOT rectangular or round. End grab handles a must and if it was in Steel Dyneema with a UV interior, I'd have pulled the trigger by now.

Please offer more bags with UV lining!!! Please Please Please!!!

Aeronaut in 400D Dyneema - Ultraviolet

Well, the title says it. An Aeronaut in Ultraviolet dyneema, lined with Wasabi.

And a large cafe bag in aubergine/wasabi would be nice too.
    Last edited by s_clarsach; 04-13-2013 at 03:48 PM.

ceb
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk11 View Post
    Ditto on the Large clear 3D for paperwork
    My Wish: A plain Ole duffel bag! I prefer to use 2 bags for carryon, a small backpack, like the Synapse 19 and a duffle with a shoulder strap,, that I can pick up and set down as I move through the lines. I like the idea of the Aeronaut but I'm short and the 14" width would slap me in the legs when I carry it with the shoulder strap

Perfect Bag: 22 L x 11 w x 12 T, with a u-shaped opening (Like the BADBags #3) But Bihn would make it so that the shoulder strap attaches to the top ends of the bag---BADBags attaches to the side, so the dirty bottom of the bags rubs against you and its round....sacrifices precious square inches. RedOxx Sunchaser (close) has big protruding pockets on the side. I'd be happy with one large opening, but if there was one end pocket for shoes and an outside slip pocket for boarding pass, it could be used as a gym bag, too. I might even sacrifice a few inches overall so it is more useful for the gym baggers but the end of the bag must stay square shaped NOT rectangular or round. End grab handles a must and if it was in Steel Dyneema with a UV interior, I'd have pulled the trigger by now.

Please offer more bags with UV lining!!! Please Please Please!!!
    Try one of the RedOxx Beanos bags - they might fit the bill until TB comes up with something.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

I am really looking forward to the FJN for iPad Mini as well as a Pen Case with slots just like in the FJN and most of the bags as well as padding flap in the middle to protect nice fountain pens and rollerballs.

For the padding flap, I envision Taslan on the inside and smooth black Ultrasuede on the outside.

Of course it would be great if the Pen/Tool/Watercolor holding case had an Plum Cordura outside!

Love the idea of the cache with rails. How about a cache with rails system in the western flyer and tri-star?
    Rory likes this.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I would like to see the shop bag or a dyneema tote with a zipper.
    haraya likes this.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Now with Solar back in stock (thank you!!), I would love a MCB in Steel Dyneema/Solar. Pretty please?!

Been looking for a USA made Cordura drawstring backpack bag for my kiddo. Gotta be tough but tween-friendly color and style. I really don't want to purchase some Nike one!

Great idea! Or even one in Dyneema would get lots of use from my kids.
    dorayme likes this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I too would love for my kids to have Dyneema string backpacks. I doubt that Tom would want to make them, they have been so overdone. . . but if he decided to, I would snap up one in each color!
    haraya likes this.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

The diaper bag I heard rumors about would be helpful. Will most likely have use for it in about 9 months or so.
    SusanM likes this.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0