Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: 2013 TB Wish List

Pilot for sure. Some specific wishes for that:
    -"Rails" system for laptops like the Cadet has.
    -A bottom pocket on the front like the Synapse has that runs the length of the bag (I would like to put a large folding umbrella there). This would be below 3 smaller front pockets like the ones on the co-pilot.
    -Sized for 13" laptop, not 15" (i.e. not as wide as current 15/13 Cadet).

I would like to see either a Zephyr or Empire Builder with a front pocket design like the Cadet. In other words, without the messenger bag style of flap on the front of the bag. I believe this would be a huge seller for Tom Bihn.
    Rory likes this.

I would like to see packing cubes be able to come in different colors if possible.....

I would love to see a Tom Bihn version of this product:
    Amazon.com: Globe-Weis Zip Wallet Poly Files, 3-Inch Expansion, Assorted Colors, Single File (27909): Office Products

Basically, a zippered file box to carry 2–3" of paper.

Key Tom Bihn additions I'd love to see:
    -Better quality all around
    -Annex clip mounts for using in place of a brain cell in briefcases
    -An O-ring or two

What i did- Large dyneema pouch plus two uber thin plastic cutting boards--the kind you can cut with scissors. This yielded a home version of your zip poly file whosiwhatsit- for 1-1.25 inches of paper with comfort. Useful -for now- but when the TB version comes out sign me up for 4...in colors. price point? $15-25 would allow me to buy several.--$30-40--I am getting only 2.
    Rory likes this.

I would also like to suggest a smaller version and also a larger version of the Tri-Star. The current size is 19 x 13 x 8. I would like to see a larger version that is 21 x 13-14 x 9. This would make the bag more in line with the size of bag from a primary Tom Bihn competitor who offers a similar bag design. I would also like to see a smaller Tri-Star that is in the neighborhood of 16-17 x 12.5 x 7. This would allow the Tri-Star to be used as business briefcase. As mentioned in an earlier post, I think the Empire Builder and Zephyr miss the mark due to the messenger-bag-style front flap. The current Tri-Star is just a bit too big to be used as a business briefcase. Yes, I know the Western Flyer is smaller, but for me the two-handle design of the Tri-Star is much preferred over the single-handle design of the Western Flyer, and I also like the three main compartments versus two main compartments.

If the Tri-Star were offered in these larger and smaller sizes, I would buy both bags immediately.

[QUOTE=Rory;46343]I would love to see a Tom Bihn version of this product:
    Amazon.com: Globe-Weis Zip Wallet Poly Files, 3-Inch Expansion, Assorted Colors, Single File (27909): Office Products

What do you use this Globe-Weis file for? I have one and have yet to find a good use for it.

I bought it for carrying loose papers between work and home in my Smart Alec. To be honest, though, I've actually found it to be kind of bulky/inconvenient for my usual paper load of 0-0.5 inches. I find myself grabbing a simple manila folder much more often. If it zipped from the top so I didn't have to take it out of the SA, that would reduce the friction of using it a lot. Having to pull it out of the bag and then unzip it and then pull papers out of it makes it feel like a hassle to use.

That's exactly my issue. The idea is great, but the sizing is off. It's too big for my current use. I used to put my laptop in it, plus notebook and papers and so when I got to a meeting, I took just this one item out of my bag, rather than multiple. Nice. Just doesn't work for my needs anymore. Something narrower would...

I would love to see a Large Organizer Pouch that zips along the top- like the Kindle and nook cases. I frequently use a large OP in my Synapse 19 and every time I pull it out I think, "it would be awesome if I could just unzip it along the top."
    Rory likes this.

1. A larger pocket pouch that can be used to keep an iphone or smartphone
    2. Side Effect in black/iberian
    3. SCB in black/iberian (maybe with cork on the flap or front?)
    4. Swift and Little Swift in black/iberian
    5. Travel tray with two to four of the triangle yarn guide clips inside and a snap on the outside for the perfect, travel yarn bowl
    6. Insulated shopping bags
    7. Organizer pouch that is clear on both sides

Am I asking for too much?

I have my credit card ready!!!
    darbs and haraya like this.

I like ALL of what Melissa wants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I would love to see a Tom Bihn version of this product:

Basically, a zippered file box to carry 2–3" of paper.

Key Tom Bihn additions I'd love to see:
    -Better quality all around
    -Annex clip mounts for using in place of a brain cell in briefcases
    -An O-ring or two
    Rory, see my earlier post (12/13/12: tdivcr) regarding something similar. I'd like to see this "document cube" with Annex clips to attach either vertically (Brain Bag, Smart Alec) or horizontally (Empire Builder, et. al.). I did a rough, er, very rough, sketch of the design and sent it to the TB folks.
    Rory likes this.

I'm hoping that the request for better quality all around was a joke. I think the quality is really good.
    I'd love to see more colors for Empire Builder. I think the TB folk view their bag as suitable for the business crowd only.
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

ceb
    Quote Originally Posted by rlandis View Post
    I'm hoping that the request for better quality all around was a joke. I think the quality is really good.
    I'd love to see more colors for Empire Builder. I think the TB folk view their bag as suitable for the business crowd only.
    I think what Rory meant to say was that a folder like the Globe-Weiss would be nice but should have better quality - i.e. - should be up to TB standards.
    Last edited by ceb; 04-11-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    When in trouble, obfuscate.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0