Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Introducing 400d Dyneema/nylon in Nordic and Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I agree with drbobguy -- I don't know that we need the Nordic to *replace* one of the existing Dyneema colors. But both the Packing Cube Backpack and Shoulder Bag serve a dual purpose of both as a packing organizer AND as its own carry-on bag/purse. In comparison, I would agree it doesn't really make sense to use the 400d Dyneema for say an internal-only packing cube or even an organizer.

...of course, you DO realize it's all because I like the matchy-matchy, right? ;-)
    I think that Packing Cube Backpacks and Shoulder Bag could be made in 400 Travel Dyneema for ultra lightweight and rugged use.

Bicycling comes to mind.
    Somebody posted a picture of the 200 Everyday Dyneema Shoulder Bag as bike kit, Dorayme mentioned using a Shop Bag as a front pannier liner and the Packing Cube Backpacks would make great side wire panniers liners.

The Dyneema Small Cafe Bag looks like the ideal biking purse, I used a Cordura Small Cafe Bag before and it is great and very stable with the waist strap.

Nothing can beat 200 Everyday Dyneema Packing Cube Backpacks and Shoulder Bag for dual purpose, packing organizers and lightweight souvenirs and edible goodies gathering.

So of course I want the items mentioned above in the two Dyneema weights!

Add my vote to Lani's and drbobguy's! Packing Cube Shoulder Bags and Backpacks in Nordic PLEASE! :-D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yes, Packing Cube Shoulder Bags and Backpacks in Nordic, PLEASE!. My Packing Cube Shoulder Bag has become my current favorite bag. It's small but still big enough for my Nook to fit into it. (My Nook tablet just does not fit into my Side Effect.) But I'd like some O-rings too, please.
    dorayme likes this.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Quote Originally Posted by jaon View Post
    Yes, Packing Cube Shoulder Bags and Backpacks in Nordic, PLEASE!. My Packing Cube Shoulder Bag has become my current favorite bag. It's small but still big enough for my Nook to fit into it. (My Nook tablet just does not fit into my Side Effect.) But I'd like some O-rings too, please.
    YES! I also LOVE the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. It should be awesome in Nordic Dyneema. I use it all the time when we travel and several times I've wished there were O-rings! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes for them! Thanks for voicing this... I think about it when I'm traveling, then forget when I'm home!
    dorayme likes this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Another vote for o-rings in the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. And another vote for Nordic, though the next one I acquire will be Wasabi! I think it would handle superbly in the heavier weight fabric!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

The O rings are a fantastic idea!

My husband has taken over my Everyday Dyneema Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag because I used a waist strap on it, it looks like an oversize and light weight Side Effect.

It fits his Nexus, it is a perfect workout bag. He is borrowing my Medium Padded Pouch and will get one Medium and one Small of his own coming in my next order.

Since his own fitting, I don't hear anything about my Tom Bihn Bags which can still be found in every room and closet of our place.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Votes for the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Nordic are noted. (The next batch will likely be made in March 2013.)
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Votes for the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Nordic are noted. (The next batch will likely be made in March 2013.)
    Yaaay! And, umm, how about something the size of the Side Effect, too?

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

moriond
    Definitely. Stay tuned!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

moriond
    Definitely. Stay tuned!

<Tom Petty>
    Oh the waiting is the hardest part...
    </Tom Petty>
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Any plans to make the Brain Bag in the heavy dyneema? I think an all-dyneema BB (except for the back & straps) will look awesome and unique.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Hi guys, I've not stopped in here for ages, but all this dyneema brouhaha has reminded me that I need a new every day bag. My two Ristrettos are now over two years old and though both a fully serviceable, I just fancy a change! The only thing holding me up is that I'm also planning to renew my 13" MacBook Pro and until I decide which model to replace it with (Air/Pro/Retina) I can't decide which bag to get. I was erring towards something in ballistic, but this dyneema looks great too!

Also, I love my Aeronaut to bits. So far I think we've taken almost 50 flights together and despite my cats using it as a bed in between times, it's still as good as new. All this is a shame really as I'm dying to try the new dyneema version, but couldn't justify the replacement cost for a bag that is still in perfect condition after being dragged back and forth the length of Europe for over two years.

Eric

Definitely. Stay tuned!
    OMG!!! This makes me beyond excited!!!

The dyneema Synapse looks great. I can't decide between getting this or the black/iberian synapse.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8