• 1 Post By gochicken
  • 3 Post By cucciasv
  • 2 Post By Stacybean
  • 3 Post By gochicken
  • 1 Post By dorayme
  • 1 Post By kmcg

Thread: New to Tom Bhin

New to Tom Bhin

I just ordered a new Smart Alec bag and will not receive until mid November, are these bags that popular that they are back ordered?

Yes!
    As soon as you receive yours, you will know why!
    Darcy likes this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by Sal717 View Post
    ...are these bags that popular that they are back ordered?
    H, Sal717! Welcome!

I don't know how large the Tom Bihn following is, but we are all passionate about the quality of the products we buy. We spend a bit more for the quality and durability that we seek.

We are willing to suffer the periodic backorders... the price we pay for the attention to detail given to each TB individual product as it's put together by hand by the fine folks in the TB Seattle factory. Mass production appeases the need for instant gratification but often results in disappointment!

There are often some strangely pleasurable side-effects that we all share... to read more about this, see The TB Anticipation Forum.

Have fun!

Best,
    Sandro

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

I second Gochicken. It took me a little while to transition from mostly using a Synapse but now I am truly smitten. It is a great bag. It holds so much stuff so well. I am continually delighted by its design. Enjoy!

Dear Sal717,

I'm packing my Black/Forest/UV Smart Alec for a weekend trip which will involve managing the three kids while Mr. Gochicken is at a conference. I'm ready for a dinner with his colleagues, if needed, pool time and beach time with kids, and a possible bonfire event at night. I'll also be bringing my Packing Cube Shoulder Bag for the beach during the day, and my Azalea Swift for my knitting stuff.

Bringing iPad and 13" MacBook Pro in sleeves.
    WF Large Packing Cube with thick pants, fleece jacket, gloves, and fleece scarf. PLUS skirt, tank top, scarf, and wool wrap sweater PLUS swimsuit
    Clipboard

Women's size 7 1/2 shoes in plastic bag (stuffed down at bottom of SA)
    UV CQPC with underwear and pajamas (on top of shoes)
    Aubergine Kit with cords and chargers (on top of UV CQPC)
    Azalea 3D Clear Organizer Cube for toiletries (on top of Aubergine Kit).... sorry, forgot to put in the picture
    Compact Bible and pen in side pocket.

Before & After:

Name:  P1040782.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  459.1 KBName:  P1040786.jpg
Views: 994
Size:  514.4 KB

And there's still room! This is why I love my Smart Alec I know you will love yours, too!
    Last edited by gochicken; 10-12-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Hey! That's my Bible! Love the packing list, have fun!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

gochicken - That is truly mind-boggling! Have a fun weekend

Thanks for all the replays guys can't wait for my bag...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0