Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Introducing Aubergine 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon

I would LOVE a Citizen Canine in Aubergine! Preferably Aubergine/Ultraviolet . . .
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec.

Ahhhhh, now I get it. My first Aubergine item came last Friday, the Imago Aubergine/Hemp. Wow. Of course I like the hemp too. It reminds me of the woven hemp and piña (fabric from the leaves of a pineapple plant) back home.
    Attachment 4769
    Attachment 4770
    moriond likes this.

RDR3, I don't understand. I thought this was discontinued? You received this last friday? As in Sept 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by RDR3 View Post
    Ahhhhh, now I get it. My first Aubergine item came last Friday, the Imago Aubergine/Hemp. Wow. Of course I like the hemp too. It reminds me of the woven hemp and piña (fabric from the leaves of a pineapple plant) back home.
    Attachment 4769
    Attachment 4770

Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    RDR3, I don't understand. I thought this was discontinued? You received this last friday? As in Sept 2013?
    The Imago is discontinued. It was part of my backordered items.

Attachment 4770
    Did you just hold a barong up to your Imago?
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Did you just hold a barong up to your Imago?
    I certainly did! Love that piña material. It beats having to wear a suit in that heat!

Ha, I got all excited there for nothing. It's too bad. I wonder why it was discontinued? Seems like a great messenger bag. Not too big, not too small....

The Imago is discontinued. It was part of my backordered items.

Darcy has hinted that there is a potential replacement in the works. I really hope it comes out soon, because there is nothing in the current product line that substitutes well for the late, lamented Imago. (I'm using my aubergine-hemp Imago as my EDC these days).
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

I certainly did! Love that piña material. It beats having to wear a suit in that heat!
    Agreed. It certainly makes a world of difference when it's hot out. You do kind of regret it a little when it's cold though (never in the Philippines). A bunch of the uncles and my cousins wore barongs to our cousin's wedding last September here in Canada and it was a wee chilly that day. Have to change to a suit for the evening or risk freezing my ___ off...
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7