Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Introducing Aubergine 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    nbc4 -- If you are able to part with your Navy/Solar Aeronaut, one option is to sell yours on eBay and use the money to buy an Aubergine Aeronaut. I purchased a Navy/Solar Western Flyer because I loved the color combination, and I wanted to cling to as many Solar Dyneema products as I could, but now that they're releasing an Aubergine WF, I'm really torn, and I might wind up doing the same thing (it helps that I haven't even removed the label off of the WF yet).

However, there's no Aubergine/Wasabi WF--for that combo, I need to upsize to a Tri-Star. I'm REALLY torn about that. But it's such an amazing color combo, I might just have to take the plunge!
    Lani, I want an aubergine TS...but if you put the WF on ebay it may very well find a good home with me, because like you, I'm a little sad there's no Aubergine/wasabi combo for WF. And steel is a little dark for a lining, or so I've read.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    As you know, the Knitty 10th Anniversary Swift in Aubergine/Steel/Wasabi-Lined-Pockets quickly sold out. We’re making more, but they won’t ship until mid-January.

Because a) that’s a long time to wait and b) some of you requested this, we came out with a second color combination that’s in-stock and ready to ship now: Aubergine/Steel/Ultraviolet-Lined-Pockets

Name:  TB0660-ABST_03b.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  233.1 KB

More new photos of Aubergine bags will be posted soon....
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Faint! Love at first sight!

love the color...

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Aubergine is a wonderful professional color and is really a great addition to the French First Empire inspired colors in Tom Bihn Inc's Ballistic rainbow...That might allow me to get another or more Aeronaut.

I hope that a Cadet in that color is in the works...
    Yes, please! A Cadet in Aubergine would be just the ticket! I LOVE the Aeronaut and Co-pilot I just got in Black, but I can see now that I will need to move into Aubergine in a BIG way. Would love to start my collection with the Cadet!
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Hello all. This is my very first post on this forum. I own a small number of Tom Bihn products - an Empire Builder, a variety of Brain Cells and Caches in various sizes that I've acquired over the last 12 months from visiting the factory store in Seattle. However, what really caught my eye was the release of bags in this Aubergine color. I simply couldn't take my eyes off the Aeronaut in this color! Then, the Tri-Star received the same treatment as well, so I had to add it to the shopping cart. I don't really have any immediate need for the bags, but, truth be told, it was really the color that sold me. I'm looking forward to more Aubergine goodness.

Name:  tombihn1.JPG
Views: 674
Size:  541.0 KB

Having never seen Aubergine in person, is this a pretty accurate representation of what the color looks like, or is it affected by the flash??
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

Welcome to the forum, @Seikoguy! That's an excellent unboxing photo! I hope your new bags accompany you on many pleasant travels!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Welcome to the forum, @Seikoguy! That's an excellent unboxing photo! I hope your new bags accompany you on many pleasant travels!
    Janine, thank you for the welcome. Well, it so happens that I do have a 3-week trip to South-East Asia next month, so methinks one of the two bags will be accompanying me. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rlandis View Post
    Having never seen Aubergine in person, is this a pretty accurate representation of what the color looks like, or is it affected by the flash??
    The flash did lighten the color somewhat. I would say that the very first picture in this thread is a good representation of what the color really looks like, in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome, Janine. Well, I do have a 3-week trip through South-East Asia already booked for next month. Methinks one of the two bags above shall be accompanying me.

Name:  westernflyerblog.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  245.2 KB
    Oh my. Looks like another fine TB bag (Western Flyer) has embraced the Aubergine goodness. Just love that rich color!

That Aubergine/Steel/Ultraviolet combination is talking to me. Hope it shows up in other bags besides the knitty.

Now that the Smart Alec is offered in Aubergine, is there any chance of a purple Citizen Canine? I want to order one for Christmas but black and grey are too staid for my tastes, and I've got so many red bags that it might be an illness at this point.

And will there be a large Cadet in Aubergine?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast