Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Introducing Aubergine 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon

Hmm... I see the Aubergine/Wasabi combo for the Tri-Star, but not the Western Flyer. Is that a color combo we might be able to buy in the future?!?!?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

The aubergine looks like a great color. I do not need any more travel bags, but if you made a version of the Synapse in ballistic aubergine with a wasabi interior I would actually buy a second Synapse. It is one of my favorite everyday bags. But the one I have (grey cordura. grey interior) is kind of a boring color and hard to see inside. I'd vastly prefer ballistic over cordura as an exterior surface.

Aubergine? ... oh-oh ...

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

It's too beautiful! I definitely need something in Aubergine. I must know: is there a chance that there will be an Aubergine Synapse anytime in the near future? I just recently received my Synapse (Navy/UV, tag still attached) and it's beautiful, but not as beautiful as it would be in Aubergine. I would definitely consider sending back the Navy/UV Synapse if I would be able to get an Aubergine one instead.

Aubergine is one of the ballistic nylon colours. Sadly (for some of us), the Synapse is made of cordura (so therefore not available in aubergine). Unless, of course, the folks at TB plan on a special edition ballistic aubergine Synapse.... you know, something like that special Swift.

Any chance the Citizen Canine could be made in Aubergine/Ultraviolet? That would be excellent :-)
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    Aubergine is one of the ballistic nylon colours. Sadly (for some of us), the Synapse is made of cordura (so therefore not available in aubergine). Unless, of course, the folks at TB plan on a special edition ballistic aubergine Synapse.... you know, something like that special Swift.
    Please, please let it be so.

Great color! Still trying to figure out what accessory I will get in aubergine. Will it be a Kit, Organizer Pouch, ... ?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanA View Post
    I, too, would like an Aubergine Swift without the logo. Perhaps since the Knitty Swift is a limited edition, after it is sold out a plain version will be produced? Please?
    Requests noted! Stay tuned for more news on this in the next few weeks.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Aubergine! It's GORGEOUS! Ever since Dorayme talked about using a little swift as a purse, I've been eyeing one to use myself for that purpose, and NOW I SHALL.

Seriously guys, it's a beautiful color. For all of us who dreamed of more purple, you've made us very, very happy.

(Sad to hear about the Synapse not working with it, but I love my black one so much I wouldn't buy another one anyway - however I'm asking for an Aubergine/Wasabi Aeronaut for Christmas......)
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Quote Originally Posted by lacyfinn View Post
    Please, please let it be so.
    re: ballistic synapse, YES! i would buy a pair of them (one for me and especially one for my fiend-for-purple-things mother!). i love my indigo/solar synapse but lawdalmighty, does my cat's superfine hair stick to it like velcro.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Requests noted! Stay tuned for more news on this in the next few weeks.
    Darcy does it again! Two sentences and I'm going to be checking the forums and Ravelry and the blog every five minutes until I hear something. Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh!

That hint about a new color debuting in September nearly made me pee in my pants.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    That hint about a new color debuting in September nearly made me pee in my pants.
    Suddenly INCONTINENT. (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Suddenly INCONTINENT. (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
    Best. Forum. Post. Ever.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Best. Forum. Post. Ever.
    Suddenly WINNING!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast