Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Introducing Aubergine 1050d U.S. ballistic nylon

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    This color has induced a state of perpetual swooning. Every time I see it, my knees become weak! THANK YOU Tom, Darcy, and whoever else picks colors. This one is amazing! It's my dream come true!
    I'm glad you (dorayme and everyone else) like Aubergine. Choosing the color was truly a team effort. The whole crew wants Aubergine bags!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

This is my first trip back to the forums after a hectic month or so. What a wonderful surprise! The aubergine is lovely. Now I just have to figure out what I'm getting in it.

Wow, whatta color. I never wanted an Aeronaut until now.

Darcy, is it possible to get a Swift in Aubergine/wasabi without the Knitty logo? Knitty did such a great thing in collaborating with Tom Bihn, but I'd prefer something without a logo. I'm a kneedlepointer.

Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Darcy, is it possible to get a Swift in Aubergine/wasabi without the Knitty logo? Knitty did such a great thing in collaborating with Tom Bihn, but I'd prefer something without a logo. I'm a kneedlepointer.
    I, too, would like an Aubergine Swift without the logo. Perhaps since the Knitty Swift is a limited edition, after it is sold out a plain version will be produced? Please?

One more vote for the Aubergine/wasabi Swift without the logo.

Love the new color -

Will there be any aubergine backpacks?
    Last edited by bunchgrass; 09-18-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: add backpack question

Oh my, my wish for a steel/ultraviolet Tri Star may have changed to a aubergine/ultraviolet Aeronaut. Is it possible to have too much purple like color in one bag, I think not.

Has anyone seen how the aubrgine looks next to plum. Like Dorayme, I have a bit of the plum color around.

Take care,
    Moose
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

Love love love love love...did I mention love? ..... AUBERGINE!!!!!!!!! And aubergine/wasabi?!?!?!? AHHHH! PERFECT -- must make more bags in that combo please!!!!!! (Smart Alec, Cadet, WF ....)

sue
    earth5 likes this.

Ooooh! I love it! This color is going to look great with my olive gear. Perhaps an aubergine little swift later this year

Darcy, may I request for photos of the Aeronaut in Aubergine showing the wasabi and ultraviolet lining?

Will there be a Western Flyer Rolling Luggage Handle Pocket with wasabi and/or ultraviolet lining?

Thanks!

OH MY. I can't believe it! The most perfect color ever!

Darcy, please, please, please, please, please don't only make one batch of the Aubergine/Ultraviolet Aeronauts . . .
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Oh, I'm dying! I was waffling about a Navy/Wasabi Aeronaut, but now I've seen this....

Walker, there's a photo on the blog of a wasabi lined aeronaut.
    Last edited by kmcg; 09-18-2012 at 07:39 PM.

I finally figured out what this color makes me think of. The Home Depot commercial where the woman's looking for the perfect shade of purple. Not PURPLE, but Purple. This color is absolutely gorgeous! And paired with wasabi? Oh my! *looks at budget* This color will be around for a bit, won't it? Pretty please?!???!!! I need time to restock funds!

That really is a beautiful color... says someone who already owns a plum LCB.....

I haven't been around the forums a lot lately so didn't have any advance warning of a new color when I received the email today...boy was I surprised.

What an absolutely gorgeous color! I loved plum but I think this is better. Now I need to think of something to need
    My Tom Bihn stuff: Western Flyer (Black/Steel), Large WF packing cube (Steel), Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (Steel), Absolute shoulder strap, Horizontal Cache, Clear Organizer Wallet (Plum), Small Dyneema pouch (UV), Ballistic Nylon Pen/Pencil Pouch (Steel), FOJ Pouch (Navy), Clear Quarter Packing Cube (UV), Small Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), and the Super Secret Mystery Gift!

Wow! This colour (Canadian over here ) is gorgeous! I might have to order an Aeronaut now.
    Black/Iberian TS, Steel/Steel Synapse, Black/Wasabi LCB, Linen/Steel MCB, Plum/Wasabi SCB, SE, Absolute strap, TT, small YSS, small TSS, Clear organizer wallets (Plum & hemp), TS packing cubes (L, M, S), PCSB, PCSB, Cork OPs, Dyneema OPs in Steel , UV , Iberian , and Solar , Cordura OPs in Plum and Azalea, Plum clear OP, Padded OP, think I'm running out of room here!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast