Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 4 Post By Janine

Thread: Introducing the Knitty 10th Anniversary Swift

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Introducing the Knitty 10th Anniversary Swift

The Knitty® 10th Anniversary Swift story, as told by Amy Singer, Editor of Knitty®

"In 2005, Knitty® and TOM BIHN collaborated to design what we think is the ultimate knitting bag. So when we reached our milestone 10th Anniversary, it seemed fitting to celebrate it with a special-edition Swift! The Knitty 10th Anniversary Swift has the same ultra-functional features you know and love, but in a brand-new color combination, just for us! The outer color is brand new: it’s ballistic nylon in a deep raspberry purple called Aubergine. The reverse side features sleek Steel grey ballistic. Inside, the pockets are lined with Wasabi, and the included Stuff Sack matches the lining. And to top it all off, our special 10th Anniversary Logo is carefully embroidered onto each bag on the Aubergine side. We love how these colors look together, and have been carrying our prototypes around to envious glances from knitters everywhere.

This special-edition bag will be available only through TomBihn.com for a limited time, and only in the configuration shown. It’s special, it’s just for Knitty®’s readers, and once it’s gone, it’s gone."
    -- Amy Singer

The Knitty 10th Anniversary Swift is available for order now and ships within one business day. $100.

The embroidery of the 10th anniversary logo on the Knitty® 10th Anniversary Swift is incredibly detailed and intricate. Not ones to settle for anything less than perfection, we went through several rounds of designs and embroidery tests before we settled on this, the final version. That’s why the 10th Anniversary Knitty Swift is $100 (the Swift is $90.)

Name:  TB0660-ABST_01b.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  249.2 KB
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Beautiful! So Aubergine is the long-awaited new ballistic nylon! Woot woot! I especially like the Wasabi lining of the Knitty Swift. Will this be a common pairing, Aubergine/Wasabi? Do you know yet what items will be offered in Aubergine?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Beautiful! So Aubergine is the long-awaited new ballistic nylon! Woot woot! I especially like the Wasabi lining of the Knitty Swift. Will this be a common pairing, Aubergine/Wasabi? Do you know yet what items will be offered in Aubergine?
    I'm glad you like it! Yes, Aubergine/Wasabi (and Aubergine/Steel) will be a common pairing. Here's the full story on Aubergine.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Great work, TB crew! I see Aubergine in my future

Like I needed another incentive to take up the knitting again that has been stashed in the back of the closet for ages!

"Have bag - will knit" kinda attitude
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Like I needed another incentive to take up the knitting again that has been stashed in the back of the closet for ages!

"Have bag - will knit" kinda attitude
    Yeah! Pick up those needles and come join us in the Tom Bihn group on Ravelry!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.