Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Most out of the ordinary item you have carried in your TOM BIHN Bag?

Quote Originally Posted by cucciasv View Post
    You know ... I am thinking that where this thread has headed is as a result of the TB Anticipation Syndrome!
    I assure you it's not so. This thread is totally the result of Katy's awesomeness.

KmK

Re: Fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Whoa! So many cool fruits! The second picture looks quite delicious! Which size Cafe Bag were you using?
    Jeruk bali is my new favorite fruit... omigoodness I loved it and ate myself silly with it...it's similar in taste to a grapefruit and an orange making nice with one another...dry enough on the outside to pick up segments without your fingers getting sticky, and bursting with juicy goodness once it gets in the mouth. I carried this in an LCB and had bags in both other hands... open market food shopping for fifteen people was an experience!

I can't get Suddenly SALAD out of my mind.

Why does it have to be SALAD? Why can't it be COOKIES? I never have an urgent need for pasta salad, but I frequently have urgent needs for cookies.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I can't get Suddenly SALAD out of my mind.

Why does it have to be SALAD? Why can't it be COOKIES? I never have an urgent need for pasta salad, but I frequently have urgent needs for cookies.
    You're totally right, Janine. I never need SALAD. Suddenly or otherwise. But Suddenly CHEESE CURDS? Yes. Suddenly BURRITOS? Most definitely. Suddenly SOUTHERN COMFORT? — well, not really, but it's still a good name.
    Janine likes this.

I fully support Suddenly CHEESE CURDS. I would also fully support Suddenly GIN.
    Janine likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

The most out of the ordinary thing I ever carried in my Tristar was 24 track hard disk recorder on the way to a trade show in Brazil!

The tastiest thing I ever carried in a Tom Bihn bag (to maintain the thread's "flavor" ) was a 3 pack of Cervantes Red Chile sauce. The best pre-made enchilada sauce I have ever tasted!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    The tastiest thing I ever carried in a Tom Bihn bag [. . .] was a 3 pack of Cervantes Red Chile sauce.
    But see, that sauce actually looks good (as do the Indonesian fruits, chicory coffee, and basically everything else that people posted about). I imagine that Suddenly SALAD Bacon and Ranch flavor tastes like . . . I don't know . . . ranch-flavored death. With gross, reconstituted peas.

Chocolate-coated carmel with bacon peices (!!) bought at Chicago O'Hare airport during a transit. Unfortunately it was confiscated by customs when I arrived home in Australia. :-(

A purple glittery star ornament in my LCB along with chopsticks, both presents for Boyfriend. Unfortunately whenever I go to Lake Winnepesaukee I always seem to lose something in the bottom of the lake. Last time, it was the chopsticks, hence I bought Boyfriend a replacement set. Even though I didn't get within a foot of the water this time the purple star has disappeared. Maybe I'll find it when I open my bag next, long after the star has decided to escape its plastic bag and paint the Wasabi interior with flecks of impossible to remove sparkles.

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    Chocolate-coated carmel with bacon peices (!!) bought at Chicago O'Hare airport during a transit. Unfortunately it was confiscated by customs when I arrived home in Australia. :-(
    I can assure you that those were not lost to everybody.

Tips about food from another country, eat it there, in the airport or on the plane (not hard to do considering the bland choices at airports and the hem, hem "quality" of airplaine food).

If asked just say you have a special diet.
    Last edited by backpack; 09-16-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    just say you have a special diet.
    "Yes. I'm serious. This is the only thing I can eat."

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    "Yes. I'm serious. This is the only thing I can eat."
    Do you think that would work for a bacon product? I have a feeling that Customs Officials have become jaded and suspicious and would see through this clever charade.

I am totally in favor of eating it all right now. Suddenly CHOCOLATE-COVERED CARAMEL WITH BACON, anyone?
    backpack and Katy like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post

!!!! Indeed! That sounds delicious!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Be careful what you wish for! Did you see what she put in that poor Synapse?!??! Your box might contain microwave pork rinds or something!

Nukable pork rinds would be amazing..They do exist.Waaant.Especially topped with an obscene amount of sriracha sauce(rooster blood). Gimmeee!

Peace!

For me, I suppose it would be a variety of roleplaying games, books, and dice. Which are quite normal to me, of course.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364316090.815897.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  143.5 KB
    Oh, yes, and my Smart Alec (a TARDIS) has carried a TARDIS:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364316259.742458.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  183.9 KB
    Darcy and jaon like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0