Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Most out of the ordinary item you have carried in your TOM BIHN Bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    You could mix the pork rinds into the Suddenly SALAD, per the "Stir-In Ideas" found on the side of the box.
    As if Suddenly SALAD can be enhanced. I mean it's Sudden and it's SALAD, what more could anybody want?
    I love nature, but I'm with Kiddo, Cauliflower is gross. It's the unveggie. It reminds me of something that a vampire got a hold of.
    Katy likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    As if Suddenly SALAD can be enhanced. I mean it's Sudden and it's SALAD, what more could anybody want?
    I love nature, but I'm with Kiddo, Cauliflower is gross. It's the unveggie. It reminds me of something that a vampire got a hold of.
    I tend to agree, but it is good for you. I mix caulifower in with potatoes before I mash them. Reduces over all calorie count of mashed potatoes without changing the flavor.

I should mention that I carry pretty mundane stuff in my bags, I am however intrigued by suddenly salad.
    tCook likes this.

I don't know how they do it but my French family makes a meanly delicious Cauliflower with cream.

I have never attempted it, I get most of my vegies as crudites (raw). I think people would like it better if the raw food diet was called the crudite diet.
    Janine likes this.

Mrs B. and I were discussing this (yes, really) and we decided that Suddenly SALAD is like the stalker of prefabricated side-dishes: you're not expecting it; you open the front door; BOOM!—There it is. All of a Sudden.

I can understand your perspective on cauliflower, but man. Kiddo doesn't need any more encouragement. Apparently in Kiddo's Garden of Eden, there is a Tree of Knowledge. Knowledge and CheezIts.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    I am however intrigued by suddenly salad.
    To be honest, in the cold light of day, Suddenly SALAD is kind of lurid, but not that intriguing. Proof:

What's really intriguing are the weird store brands they have at Hy-Vee. Like this:

Katy and Janine like this.

PANBURGER???? What is this Panburger? Where are you shopping? I feel like I've been sucked into some scary vortex of boxed meals. Make it stop!
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

PANBURGER???? What is this Panburger? Where are you shopping?
    Doesn't Panburger Partner sound like Hamburger Helper said with some crazy speech impediment?

I live in Iowa, and when I'm not shopping at the Co-op, I go to Hy-Vee, which is a very special place, clearly. They have really weird store brand names, including a cereal called Crispy Hexagons. Someone cough, cough, Kiddo buys Crispy Hexagons.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Well, there goes my lunch.
    I win! Bwaahahahahah!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

A vegetable vampire? Who then sucked out all the vegetable goodness from it, leaving a shriveled carcass behind? It is pretty dense, like a broccoli that hasn't bloomed. Hmmm.

I don't think cauliflower has that much taste on its own, which makes it a perfect delivery system for other flavors. Like cheese! A deep blanket of cheese makes anything edible. (Now who is going to try adding cheese to Suddenly Salad and/or microwave pork rinds?)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

My sister sometimes picks up food items at Big Lots. She's gotten some great weird stuff, like the Trix cereal with all the writing on the box done in Hebrew.

Also, the Hebrew Trix were never placed in a Tom Bihn bag. I wish I had saved the box so I could take a picture now. That would have been even cooler than the Suddenly SALAD in a Synapse - a feat few mortals can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    (Now who is going to try adding cheese to Suddenly Salad and/or microwave pork rinds?)
    Well, you wouldn't want to use cheese. Velveeta, maybe. Or the Hy-Vee knockoff.
    Katy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Doesn't Panburger Partner sound like Hamburger Helper said with some crazy speech impediment?

I live in Iowa, and when I'm not shopping at the Co-op, I go to Hy-Vee, which is a very special place, clearly. They have really weird store brand names, including a cereal called Crispy Hexagons. Someone cough, cough, Kiddo buys Crispy Hexagons.
    HEEE-HAW might be my favorite clever hyvee knockoff name. it's that third E, man.

Quote Originally Posted by capncat View Post
    HEEE-HAW might be my favorite clever hyvee knockoff name. it's that third E, man.
    I'm slightly afraid of killing dorayme with this, but I just so happen to have:

Proof.

Run

Away!

Katy, can you call me and let me know when it's safe to return to the forums?

going over to Ravelry where I hope to be safe

I think Hyvee, Dollar Tree and other deep discount places are great if you have to get party junk food because the generics are made at the same factories as the brand name.

The same is true for party stuff, especially disposible ones, which usefulness I didn't understand until I attended a 2 years old birthday party which included many nursery school buddies.
    It was a shock.
    Janine likes this.

You know ... I am thinking that where this thread has headed is as a result of the TB Anticipation Syndrome! Plus, it's making me hungry!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0