Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Most out of the ordinary item you have carried in your TOM BIHN Bag?

  1. #16
    I work at TOM BIHN Katy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwet
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    A live mini orchid and a bottle of Scotch (full size).
    Attachment 2689
    Two of my favorite things!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

  2. #17
    KmK
    KmK is offline
    Registered User KmK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    99
    Yes! Amazing fruits! Tasty and beautiful, all at the same time! The jeruk bali is my favorite...augh. SO refreshing, so tingly-sweet-sour in the mouth...

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    549
    I know that carrying a computer or two is an everyday thing for our bags but.....

    Last Weekend I was working the MS Bike Ride at Net Control as a Radio and Computer Volunteer and had 6 machines with Power Supplies in my Trager bag at one time. Since the Trager were sold through Bihn I figure this counts! There was even room for more stuff but it was fairly tough to move around I will admit!
    I was tasked with projecting incident logs and Vehicle Tracking Maps in the room and as the computers were coming out of the bag one guy had to go see for himself if it was a Magicians Trick Bag of some kind? It was pretty amusing.

    I also have a special carrier I made for my universal radio mounting system that lets me use my Super Ego as an Amateur Radio Station complete with its own battery power.
    Maybe this is just ordinary after all since I designed it for this and it works so well it looks like a factory job but I doubt there is another one like this out there?
    Talk about Stealth!

    I will try to get pics of both of these on here.

    Katy: Didn't know you were into Vintage Audio? I come across that Junk,I mean Treasure every day!
    Let me know what you like?

    Ed

  4. #19
    I work at TOM BIHN Katy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwet
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    I know that carrying a computer or two is an everyday thing for our bags but.....

    Last Weekend I was working the MS Bike Ride at Net Control as a Radio and Computer Volunteer and had 6 machines with Power Supplies in my Trager bag at one time. Since the Trager were sold through Bihn I figure this counts! There was even room for more stuff but it was fairly tough to move around I will admit!
    I was tasked with projecting incident logs and Vehicle Tracking Maps in the room and as the computers were coming out of the bag one guy had to go see for himself if it was a Magicians Trick Bag of some kind? It was pretty amusing.

    I also have a special carrier I made for my universal radio mounting system that lets me use my Super Ego as an Amateur Radio Station complete with its own battery power.
    Maybe this is just ordinary after all since I designed it for this and it works so well it looks like a factory job but I doubt there is another one like this out there?
    Talk about Stealth!

    I will try to get pics of both of these on here.

    Katy: Didn't know you were into Vintage Audio? I come across that Junk,I mean Treasure every day!
    Let me know what you like?

    Ed

    Whoa! That's a lot of stuff! I can see why that guy wanted to make sure you were not tricking him!

    Yes! Photos would be amazing!

    It's a relatively new hobby . I have a Technics SL-QD3 (turntable) and a Technics SA-222 (receiver). I'm currently using a pair of of Sennheiser HD-280 headphones because I have yet to find the perfect set of speakers. I'm going to Hawthorne Stereo here in Seattle sometime this week to check out their speakers. Or, for the right pair of speakers, I may end up buying new.

    Attachment 2699
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

  5. #20
    Registered User nukediver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Metuchen, NJ
    Posts
    426
    Radiation detection meter in a Synapse, anyone?

    Name:  radmeter.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  989.9 KB

  6. #21
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,596
    Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    Radiation detection meter in a Synapse, anyone?
    Hey, Nuke!

    I think the only thing that could top this is if the radiation-detector-in-a-Synapse was next to the Suddenly-SALAD-in-a-Synapse. They'd set each other off.

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    358
    ((hey Badger- great to have you back mouthing off again .....and of course, the corgi pics!)

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    358
    Love your photo, nukediver! Awesome! Love the Circa/Arc notebook as well

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    769
    Suddenly Salad? I had never heard of it. What is it, like, Hamburger Helper for vegetarians?
    Katy and Janine like this.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

    Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

  10. #25
    Registered User nukediver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Metuchen, NJ
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Hey, Nuke!

    I think the only thing that could top this is if the radiation-detector-in-a-Synapse was next to the Suddenly-SALAD-in-a-Synapse. They'd set each other off.
    I'm totally certain that would be the outcome :-)

  11. #26
    Registered User nukediver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Metuchen, NJ
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Love your photo, nukediver! Awesome! Love the Circa/Arc notebook as well
    Thanks! Would you believe that's actually what was in my Synapse this morning? No staging of shots for me (at least not this time!). And I absolutely LOVE my Circa notebook - it's really helped to keep me organized. Levenger is another company that keeps taking my $$....

  12. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    328
    Frank, it is pasta salad in a box! Comes with the dried pasta and seasoning and directions on how to make it. Easy Peasy!
    Katy likes this.

  13. #28
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,596
    Real iMessage conversation:

    Kiddo: I wonder what it was before, suddenly, it became salad?
    Badger: Dry pasta. And chemicals.
    Kiddo: . . .


    I think part of Kiddo died that day, haha.

  14. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,844
    A box of organic dried pasta, a couple of mini jars of organic herbs and a jar of organic mayo or organic ranch dressing would give the same pasta salad but cheaper and organic.

    I don't like to buy boxes with other people's name except Tom Bihn.
    dorayme likes this.

  15. #30
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,357
    the most out of the ordinary item i have ever carried in a tom bihn bag would definitely be my grandmother's cremation remains carried in a western flyer, carried in backpack form from the u.s. to india. that was last october, almost a year ago.

    interestingly, i will find myself carrying my brother's cremations remains to india later this year - in an aeronaut this time, i think.

    i am thankful that tom's wonderful bag designs can accommodate this fairly large size container, and at the same time accommodate my clothes, toiletries, and whatever else i need for my trip, and allow me to carry it all very comfortably!

    but i don't want to make a habit out of carrying cremation remains.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0