Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

thinkpad x31

Nicole:

A ThinkPad x31 has the following dimensions:
    10 5/8" wide
    8 3/4 " deep
    1 1/8" thick

with the Ultrabase the thickness is increased to 2".

Best!

BB

I work at Tom Bihn

Nice! And your answer. =)

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    Greetings Nicole,
    I am interested in an Empire Builder and Brain Cell, however I have looked at the fit list and do not see the size I need. Mine is a
    ThinkPad T60. Size is: 13.2 - 10.6 - 1.4

Here is the answer to your question on IBM/Lenovo Info.
    Go to www.lenovo.com/us/en
    In the upper right corner is a search field.
    Type In: tabook.pdf (all lowercase)
    Then select # 1 in the search results and click on "file download".
    This will open Adobe Reader and present you with a multi page list of every ThinkPad currently sold. Dimensions and all.

Please send an email to me at your first opportunity with any suggestions you have in terms of fitting me with the an Empire Builder & Brain Cell.

Thanks,
    Archer

Hey Archer! Thanks for that little tip about the Lenovo site. Now I have a nice big fun project in front of me in terms of the fitlist and IBM's! For your specific IBM, if you want the bag IMMEDIATELY, you'll have to use the size 3 Brain Cell inside of the Empire Builder. You'll find, however, that our current size 3 is a bit too thick (think fat.) With that being said, we are revising our current size 3 (which was made ages ago before the dawn of the ultra thin laptop) to be a much thinner case which will be better suited for your T60. This case is in production right now and Tom excepts will be shipping out within the next two or three weeks. So if you are willing to wait, that would be the way to go.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions or anything.

I work at Tom Bihn

Really quick

Quote Originally Posted by moriond
    It's fine when the laptop is 9.8" in Height instead of 10.0" (T2x series), but I often wish there was an extra 0.1" or a more standard resulting brain cell.

Ha, brain overload of information on that one. Just kidding, but seriously, I know what you mean about all the Brain Cell's and there being problems with fit in regards to the Thinkpads. Most of the Thinkpads (even the larger ones) are so thin and I think that our larger cases are just a bit on the thick side for most of them.

Something to note, when looking at the size 4, especially in regards to the specific scenario you mentioned in your post, you can adjust the velcro at the bottom of these, slightly, which might be just enough to give you that .1" you are looking for. If you put your hand down inside the end of the Brain Cell and tuck your finger under the padded sling you can grab it and pull it up like turning the Brain Cell inside out. You can then undo that velcro like closure; it has a certain level of adjustability in there that won't take away from the protective capabilities of your bag if you mess with it a bit.

(In case you didn't already know you could do that... hopefully this isn't redundant information for you.)

X61 Tablet

I looked it up in the fit finder, and ordered a size 3s horizontal brain cell for my X61 Tablet with extended battery.

Height and thickness make for a good fit, but it's 2-3 inches too wide, and the computer slides back and forth. It doesn't make a difference if I insert it sideways, since it's pretty much square.

Is there a better fitting bag?

Thanks!

I work at Tom Bihn
    Hi! We just came out with a new size - the 6T and it would fit the X61 much better! It's 12.4 by 10.5 by 1.3 inches, so it will still be just a little bit too large in the width, but not too much, and should fit even better in the other two dimensions. You should be able to call customer service and let Darcy or Josh know and they should be able to help facilitate an exchange!

I work at Tom Bihn

Customer Service Number

Oh yeah... here's the number for customer service! That might help
    800-729-9607

Volunteer Moderator

Thanks for the new ThinkPad-sized Brain Cells

On behalf of ThinkPad owners everywhere, thanks for the new size 6T Brain Cell. This is a better fit for my 14.1" T60p ThinkPad than the Size 4 Brain Cell that I'm currently using. I only wish this had been available before your cutback on available colors for new Brain Cells. (I've ended up buying a Brain Cell and Buzz for a MacBook Pro long in advance of the actual laptop purchase. The Bihn bags are harder to get than the laptops!)

P.S. I'm not sure which size Brain Cell would work for the new Z series (wide-screen) Thinkpads. (Sample dimension for a Z61t: 9"x1.2"x13.1" from information on the web -- I don't have one of these).

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Oh yeah... here's the number for customer service! That might help
    800-729-9607
    Just got off the phone with Josh.

Got everything straightened out, and am awaiting the replacement!

Awesome customer service!

I work at Tom Bihn
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    On behalf of ThinkPad owners everywhere, thanks for the new size 6T Brain Cell. This is a better fit for my 14.1" T60p ThinkPad than the Size 4 Brain Cell that I'm currently using. I only wish this had been available before your cutback on available colors for new Brain Cells. (I've ended up buying a Brain Cell and Buzz for a MacBook Pro long in advance of the actual laptop purchase. The Bihn bags are harder to get than the laptops!)

P.S. I'm not sure which size Brain Cell would work for the new Z series (wide-screen) Thinkpads. (Sample dimension for a Z61t: 9"x1.2"x13.1" from information on the web -- I don't have one of these).
    The Z61t example you listed here would definitely fit well inside of our size 4 Brain Cell. I'm currently checking the web for other models of the Z series laptops and will be updating the fitlist with anything I find. Since most series of IBMs have such a range of different models and sizes one "series" usually doesn't all fit in the same size Brain Cell, as I'm sure you know, so I want to make sure I get the dimensions correct for each (extended battery, widescreen, etc.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0