Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New website design?

Great work on the new site! Love it!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davys View Post
    Hello Darcy, I'm on my iPad 3 so it's the latest version of iOS. Just checked again and it's still mixed up.
    David,

Can you try reloading the page and see if the problem is still there? We can't replicate it and it doesn't show up that way on our iPads. Might have been some funky cached page issue.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Question for you: is it intuitive to click the TOM BIHN part of the logo at the top left of the page in order to go back to the "home" page? Or do you think it would be more user friendly to have a MAIN or HOME link amongst the links at the top of the page?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Works fine with my iPad3 -just tested it. A "main"or "home" link along the top would probably be useful. When I first saw the redesign, I clicked the logo out of habit but it did not strike me as intuitively obvious. My $0.02.

Just re-loaded the page a few times this morning Darcy, but the wrong images are still showing up for the Large Cafe Bag, Cadet and Checkpoint Flyer as per screenshot that I emailed. Can't really understand this myself but not really much can be done until someone else can replicate it I guess. I'm sure an IT guru will be along soon to offer an explanation.

Best wishes,
    David

I'm on my iPad. I'm not experiencing any problems. I checked the pages that are showing up wonky for David & everything is fine.

I like the redesign. Looks clean and new.

One missing feature I liked was the caption for each product photo. I'm not 100% up on my color names across the TB catalog and so I don't know for sure which combo I'm looking at in a given photo.

(and, for the record, I couldn't replicate the mis-labeling of bags that David is seeing)

Quote Originally Posted by Falfa View Post
    I like the redesign. Looks clean and new.

One missing feature I liked was the caption for each product photo. I'm not 100% up on my color names across the TB catalog and so I don't know for sure which combo I'm looking at in a given photo.
    Captions are coming! The Synapse has them, so you can click here to see what the images are like with captions.

That's strange. I'm not seeing them there.

(XP, Firefox 14)

I also checked on my iphone (iPhone4, current iOS) and I don't see them there, either.

No big, obvs. I'm sure they're coming. I was just giving some feedback.

Hmm, I'm not seeing them now either. Thanks for letting me know. We'll look into it.

Update: you should now be able to see the captions on the Synapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Update: you should now be able to see the captions on the Synapse.
    What should I be seeing? As of now, all I see is the word 'Synapse' when I hover the mouse over the photo. (using an iMac with osx 10.8)

It works perfectly on the lastest Ubuntu and Firefox.

I really love the new layout, I can see every picture really clearly instead of playing a mouse and screen frame game to see what was under square z.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-22-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Name:  caption.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  119.2 KB

See the caption at the bottom of the photo. Is that not showing up for you, rabergnc?

Glad you like it, backpack!

Ah! Now I see what you are referring to. Yes, I can see them on my iMac and iPad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0