Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dyneema Synapse

Question Dyneema Synapse

Will there be any other Synapses made in Dyneema as the outer fabric (Wasabi!!!!) or is the Steel Dyneema currently available the only option for a while?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kellie16 View Post
    Will there be any other Synapses made in Dyneema as the outer fabric (Wasabi!!!!) or is the Steel Dyneema currently available the only option for a while?
    There will be another option (or two) in the next batch of Synapse (due in late early-mid October) but I can't yet reveal what that will be. It won't be a Wasabi exterior, though.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

new synapse options: excellent news. crossing fingers for a light or bright colored option (linen/wasabi is far fetched
    but a person can dream, can't they?)
    no wasabi exterior: not great news. I add my voice to the clamoring masses.

I'm with you - light/bright!! No Wasabi, le sigh!

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by conversa View Post
    new synapse options: excellent news. crossing fingers for a light or bright colored option (linen/wasabi is far fetched
    but a person can dream, can't they?)
    no wasabi exterior: not great news. I add my voice to the clamoring masses.
    +1! I love my Black/UV Synapse, andI really don't need anther one, but I would buy Linen/Wasabi in a heartbeat.

In fact, can I put out a general request for more Linen across the board? Imagine a Linen/Linen/Wasabi Imago!

I would be all over a linen/linen/wasabi Imago and a linen/wasabi Synapse would be such a classy Summer commuting bag...
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

D'oh! My next trip to the US is in the first half of October and I was considering a Synapse. Is there ay possibility that the colors will be announced slightly earlier (say late Sept) to ermit odering so they can be shipped as soon as they're in?

(My hope is for Plum, Navy or Indigo with Wasabi interior.)

It's possible, but I can't say for sure. The new options won't be Plum, Navy, or Indigo with a Wasabi interior.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's possible, but I can't say for sure. The new options won't be Plum, Navy, or Indigo with a Wasabi interior.
    Is it wrong to feel so much anxious anticipation around a new bag colour??!
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

Quote Originally Posted by kellie16 View Post
    Is it wrong to feel so much anxious anticipation around a new bag colour??!
    Take heart, we've all been there.

I think you'll be pretty surprised. And pleasantly so...

I hate the waiting.......

a new dyneema co-pilot?

Will we be surprised about the Co-Pilot too? The steel dyneema seems to have gone away, and now I'm wondering if the Iberian one is soon to disappear. I obviously dithered too long trying to decide between the two....

*gasp* !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plume View Post
    Will we be surprised about the Co-Pilot too? The steel dyneema seems to have gone away, and now I'm wondering if the Iberian one is soon to disappear. I obviously dithered too long trying to decide between the two....
    Yes. And the Co-Pilot will also be available once again in Steel Dyneema/nylon. The Iberian will disappear.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast